• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

UT2003 access

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> UT2003 access Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UT2003 access - 15.Jun.2003 6:17:00 AM   
Flesh

Hello,
ISA is installed on a standalone with Firewall, Web Proxy, and Scheduled Content services. Basically I use this server as a standalone for test purposes. On occasion I run UT2003 to break from my stressfull days...lol.

My question is, though UT2003 and ISA are on the same machine and IP Packet filters are set to allow standalone machine to access the internet;
- IP Protocol = TCP
- direction = outbound
- Local port = dynamic
- remote port = All ports

These settings still enabled allows for a tighter ISA security scheme on standalone but when I launch UT2003 to break away for awhile, the in game browser will be able to display the servers online but with a ping status as N/A. Of course this does not allow me to join any UT2003 game servers for the possible reason of a blocked port.

I think certain packet filters need to be set such as I did for the standalone to access the internet. I have tried setting the ports for UT2003 with no success. Any information is much appreciated. Cheers. "[Confused]"
Post #: 1
RE: UT2003 access - 16.Jun.2003 10:14:00 PM   
norristechs

Looking at the rule you wrote you are alling all TCP traffic out, not really a firewall at that point. You need to allwo UPD for most games including UT2k3.

Also if you have any game servers yourself that are natted on the same box as ISA, make sure the game server configuration is advertising your public IP address and not the NAT. Natted addresses for game servers will in most cases get ignored.

_ Cheers

(in reply to Flesh)
Post #: 2
RE: UT2003 access - 19.Jun.2003 10:38:00 AM   
Flesh

Thanks for your reply,

Couple of things... 1st I reset IP Packet filtering to only allow outbound traffic for port 80, so that at least global access (HTTP) is attainable locally. 2nd I did notice, from the log all udp ports are blocked. Even when creating Packet Filters to certain udp ports it is still blocked. In fact, any udp packet is filter blocked. Doesn't matter which ones are open or closed. I did some searching and have all the necessary udp ports for UT2003 but none are allowed to pass the packet filter. I have set certain tcp packet filters to at least queury master servers which is ok. At least I can queury the master server now. Its just allowing certain udp port to recieve from the queury. Cause if not all I get is ping=N/A back from the queury.

For the love of... any insite why udp ports are not allowed to pass the filter is much appreciated.

Cheers [Confused]

(in reply to Flesh)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> UT2003 access Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll