• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Firewall vs. SecureNAT issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Firewall vs. SecureNAT issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Firewall vs. SecureNAT issues - 27.Aug.2003 7:58:00 PM   
cgrace1970

I know there have been some discussion by some posters about not wanting to use the firewall client on their systems, where they want to play/serve Battlefield 1942 and other games. I don't know why anyone missed this before, but I got this piece of information in an article at http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/ISA_Clients__Part_3_The_Firewall_Client.html :

"Additionally, it is the only client that is able to use secondary protocols. ItĘs the need for secondary protocols that make the FWC necessary for apps like Instant Messaging, streaming media, FTP, etc."

Basically (and correct me if I'm wrong), if a game needs to use secondary connections, through the ISA server, you absolutely need to use the firewall client. SecureNAT won't work.

I don't know if you remove the secondary connections from some of the definitions and create primary connections for each port or range of port numbers, will work. I'll give it a try myself and see where it leads, but I don't hold up much hope.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Firewall vs. SecureNAT issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts