• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

EverQuest 2 configuration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> EverQuest 2 configuration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EverQuest 2 configuration - 21.Nov.2004 8:13:00 AM   
Encyclia

Here are the protocols you need to configure:

For the Sony Station applications at the beginning:

-For the Sony Station Launch Pad
1. UDP 3016 Send/Receive
Secondary connection:
UDP 3017-3021 Send/Receive

2. UDP 9700 Send/Receive
Secondary connection:
9701-9703

-For the Sony Station Launch Pad Patching
1. TCP 7000 Outbound

------------------------------------------------
For the actual EverQuest 2 game:

-For the EQ2 Patching mechanism (runs every time you connect):
1. TCP 7010 Outbound

-For the actual EQ2 Game Play:
1. UDP 9100 Send/Receive
Secondary Connection:
UDP 32800-33000 Send/Receive

I made this into one rule, and we're connecting and playing with no problems.

Note: The 32800-33000 range of ports can be configured as individual protocols...one protocol per port to allow the connections. When I was first sorting it out I found that certain ports in that range allowed connections to specific areas in the game. Sooo....before I configured the 32800-33000 range as secondary connections to the 9100 UDP port, whenever I went to a new area of the game it would fail to connect. I'd then look at the logs and figure out which port the game tried to connect on, and create a protocol definition for it, then it would work thereafter.
Post #: 1
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 23.Nov.2004 7:56:00 AM   
HI,

i have only one Problem with your ISA Configuration.
I can`t join a Zone-Server. Nothing will loaded.
I can`t nothing see in my ISA Log-Files that any Ports are blocked.

Any Ideas?

thx

Kr99

(in reply to Encyclia)
  Post #: 2
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 10.Dec.2004 8:48:00 PM   
Greetings, just wanted to say thanks for the info!

However I have the same problem as the poster above, all patching works, and i can get to the char select screen, but I cannot connect to a zone server.

The secondary connection ports are all set too.

Could it be some missing ICMP filters that are causing this?

Cheers,

Sonny

(in reply to Encyclia)
  Post #: 3
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 14.Dec.2004 5:05:00 PM   
Greetings. I am having the same issue. Everything works perfectly except connecting to zone. No messages in any of the logs. Could it be something wrong with the routing configuration?

(in reply to Encyclia)
  Post #: 4
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 3.Jan.2005 6:41:00 PM   
My bet is that you aren't using the ISA client on your PC which is required when you are using secondary connections. [Smile]

(in reply to Encyclia)
  Post #: 5
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 4.Jan.2005 5:53:00 PM   
I have created the open ports as stated and I have the firewall client installed. I can get everything to work, except playing the game. The login screen brings up the PLAY button,but when I press it. it does its little thing and then just takes me right back to the PLAY screen. The firewall logs and proxy logs dont show anything that is being blocked in any way. I do see all the ports that are opened listing communication fine. If I take the laptop to work and use their network, I can connect just fine to EQII and play. They are behind a cisco pix. Theres still something missing.......

Any ideas????

(in reply to Encyclia)
  Post #: 6
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 14.Jan.2005 12:23:00 PM   
Ok, can we have the top in english for the non-tech pure gamers? Where is all that info supposed to go? A little direction would be great!

(in reply to Encyclia)
  Post #: 7
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 18.Jan.2005 12:56:00 AM   
Arpophyllum

Sorry about the lack of response, I've been playing constantly. Haven't checked the boards since I posted this originally.

Yes, the firewall client IS required. You will fail to connect to the zone servers. The secondary connections are managed by the client communications with the ISA server.

Also, firewalls on the box and other systems, like modem/routers may cause other issues that I don't have experience with since I'm behind a bridging DSL modem.

(in reply to Encyclia)
Post #: 8
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 18.Jan.2005 1:12:00 AM   
Arpophyllum

<marinemike>...the protocols I list are 'Protocol Definitions' in ISA 2k, and they need to be added to an enable rule.

There's an article about understanding the Firewall Client Control Channel that covers some of the details you may be looking for...though it IS technical.

http://www.isaserver.org/articles/Understanding_the_Firewall_Client_Control_Channel.html

(in reply to Encyclia)
Post #: 9
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 18.Jan.2005 1:27:00 AM   
Arpophyllum

regarding the ICMP/ping ports/IPs that Sony mentions in their help section: I started creating allow rules for ICMP for the ranges they specified, but when I realized that it was the secondary connections that were the issue, I disabled all the rules for the ICMP allows that I had setup and can play with no problems.

(in reply to Encyclia)
Post #: 10
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 22.Feb.2005 3:45:00 AM   
Nox

Ok - Let's pretend I'm a blithering idiot that knows NOTHING about configuring ports and permissions...wait, we don't need to pretend. I'm a gamer and not an IT guy, so I could use a little direction on HOW and WHERE to do this on my system. My daughter's system locks up during the patching process - we're on an 802.11g wireless network. It does, however, stay online when surfing the web.
Help me! Please!
[Eek!]

(in reply to Encyclia)
Post #: 11
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 24.Feb.2005 5:20:00 AM   
If I completely disable the firewall, do I still have to manually open ports?

(in reply to Encyclia)
  Post #: 12
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 9.Mar.2005 12:11:00 AM   
Arpophyllum

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
Ok - Let's pretend I'm a blithering idiot that knows NOTHING about configuring ports and permissions...wait, we don't need to pretend. I'm a gamer and not an IT guy, so I could use a little direction on HOW and WHERE to do this on my system. My daughter's system locks up during the patching process - we're on an 802.11g wireless network. It does, however, stay online when surfing the web.
Help me! Please!
[Eek!]

The information I've listed above is only applicable to a configuration where your firewall is an ISA 2000 system with a windows XP client that has the ISA 2k firewall client installed and the windows XP firewall turned off. From your post it doesn't sound like you're running ISA 2k.

(in reply to Encyclia)
Post #: 13
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 9.Mar.2005 12:13:00 AM   
Arpophyllum

quote:
Originally posted by <J_Rizzle>:
If I completely disable the firewall, do I still have to manually open ports?

Disable what firewall??? ISA?? I have the XP firewall turned off, if that's what you're referring to. Disabling the ISA services would leave the ISA system in a locked down state and zero packets would go through (if my memory is correct).

(in reply to Encyclia)
Post #: 14
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 4.Apr.2005 10:21:00 AM   
Hi,

I can`t join a Zone-Server using your specified configuration. Patch and Login do fine, but i cannot come past the user creation screen. I'm using ISA Server 2004 with (and without) firewall client. Is there anything else to configure ? Please help.

Michael

(in reply to Encyclia)
  Post #: 15
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 7.Apr.2005 4:25:00 PM   
bdh113s

Heya!

The secondary UDP connections... Are they initiated from the EQ2 servers? As in, they are new UDP transmissions started and sent back to the client?

(in reply to Encyclia)
Post #: 16
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 8.Apr.2005 8:09:00 AM   
I got it running. You really have to, as written in the original posting , create a seperate protocol definition for each primary / secondary pair. You then can pack them all into one Rule ( From Internal to External).

Have a look not to have specified the ports in another rule.

Have fun and thanks for the reply

Michael

(in reply to Encyclia)
  Post #: 17
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 26.Apr.2005 11:47:00 PM   
Encyclia

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Hofmeister:
Heya!

The secondary UDP connections... Are they initiated from the EQ2 servers? As in, they are new UDP transmissions started and sent back to the client?

No, they are secondary connections initiated by the client. You'll see these entries in the ISA firewall logs as initiated by everquest2.exe (or is it eq2.exe? can't remember). I think that when you're zoning, the client either already knows what port the zone is, or the server tells it what port to use, but the connection is initiated by the client.

(in reply to Encyclia)
Post #: 18
RE: EverQuest 2 configuration - 26.Apr.2005 11:48:00 PM   
Encyclia

quote:
Originally posted by <Michael>:
I got it running. You really have to, as written in the original posting , create a seperate protocol definition for each primary / secondary pair. You then can pack them all into one Rule ( From Internal to External).

Have a look not to have specified the ports in another rule.

Have fun and thanks for the reply

Michael

Glad you got it going!

(in reply to Encyclia)
Post #: 19

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> EverQuest 2 configuration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts