• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Final Fantasy XI Port Firewall information isa server 2000

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Final Fantasy XI Port Firewall information isa server 2000 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Final Fantasy XI Port Firewall information isa server 2000 - 17.Aug.2005 9:48:00 PM   
[AC]LoKi

For the love of god, if anyone has the primary and secondary port and port range for final fantasy xi, can ya please share it? I've been workin on gettin this game to connect through our isa server 2000 firewall for over 3 months and I havn't had any luck.

I will be eternally grateful to anyone who can shed light on this query.
~LoKi
Post #: 1
RE: Final Fantasy XI Port Firewall information isa serv... - 25.Aug.2005 9:40:00 PM   
Check out the following link

http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/FFXIPC/FFXIPCindex.htm

(in reply to [AC]LoKi)
  Post #: 2
RE: Final Fantasy XI Port Firewall information isa serv... - 25.Aug.2005 10:43:00 PM   
Please disregard my last post.

I see that that url is asking people to open way to many ports. Some of them are WWW and email ports. Sounds like some type of scam or the idiots don't have a clue.

regards,
I'll update this thread if i find the legitimate ports needed

(in reply to [AC]LoKi)
  Post #: 3
RE: Final Fantasy XI Port Firewall information isa serv... - 25.Aug.2005 10:58:00 PM   
I guess they were correct.

Here is what i found on the www.playonline.com site.

PlayOnline(including all related software such as FINAL FANTASY XI) may use any of the following ports. If you are using a router, please configure it to allow packets to pass through these ports.

Port numbers that may be used by the PlayOnline server group.
TCP 25.80.110.443 or 50000 - 65535
UDP 50000 - 65535

Port numbers that may be used by terminals such as the PlayStation(R)2.
TCP 1024 - 65535
UDP 50000 - 65535

*Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.

*If your Internet service provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you may need to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.

Regards,
Swolebiceps

(in reply to [AC]LoKi)
  Post #: 4
RE: Final Fantasy XI Port Firewall information isa serv... - 30.Aug.2005 5:17:00 PM   
[AC]LoKi

That's where im stuck at. There's so many freakin ports, and doesnt ISA 2000 only allow you to open one primary port per rule? All the port ranges I put in for the game are set as secondary connection. I'm not sure whats goin on. I have the port information from playonline, but It doesn't help me regarding The ISA firewall. Is TCP inbound or outbound? Are the udp connections send, receive, sendreceive, or receive send? Any other admin with info on how they got it through their isa firewall would be in my buddy list for sure.

(in reply to [AC]LoKi)
Post #: 5
RE: Final Fantasy XI Port Firewall information isa serv... - 18.Sep.2005 10:16:00 AM   
daramane

I don't know how old this thread is or anything, but I just stumbled upon it because I needed port information on Final Fantasy XI. The internet service I now recieve is through a college campus network and they need to "open" specific ports in order to play. As it said above there are over 15,000 ports for PlayOnline. This is obviously unacceptable for the tech guys here to open. They've given me a limit of 4-5 that they would open. In order to do that they'd need the specific port numbers for both PlayOnline and perhaps whatever server I'd need to connect to.

If there is any way to do this could anyone please let me know? Both finding out what ports they need to open and how to do it. It's greatly appreciated and I apologize to anyone who this may bother if this thread has been bumped from the grave.

If you have an answer an e-mail would be most efficient in getting the information to me. My e-mail is mergum_flergum@hotmail.com

Again, it's greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

(in reply to [AC]LoKi)
Post #: 6
RE: Final Fantasy XI Port Firewall information isa serv... - 2.Oct.2005 4:39:00 PM   
frowncat

My friend was over the other day, and I showed him http://www.exploitsrus.com/ffxi.html It is a site with cheats, bugs, dupes, etc for final fantasy xi. He told me it was against the rules for ffxi to do this. Is this true? I am used to cheating on video games for my whole life, so I was sort of shocked to hear this.

(in reply to [AC]LoKi)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Final Fantasy XI Port Firewall information isa server 2000 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts