• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Gatekeeper no show in ISA Manager

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Gatekeeper no show in ISA Manager Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gatekeeper no show in ISA Manager - 21.Mar.2002 6:49:00 PM   
Barryh

Tom, This is a needed forum. I am going to repost my gatekeeper question that you looked at yesterday here.

ISA Server was setup and running fine. I decided to install h.323 gatekeeper. I did so through Add/Remove Programs. After the installation, Gatekeeper did not show up in the ISA Management console. Furthermore, after a reboot, the ISA services failed to start with Event Log error 14192. This error said that the services (one for each service) could not start because RRAS was already running. Please reinstall ISA! So I reinstalled ISA, still no gatekeeeper, although the ISA services are running again.

Okay, but when I look in services on the Server, the gatekeeper service is running. It is just not showing up in ISA Manager. Any clues?

The server is running standalone, integrated, in a NT 4.0 domain. It is not a domain controller and is not running any other apps or services except ISA. "[Roll
Post #: 1
RE: Gatekeeper no show in ISA Manager - 21.Mar.2002 8:44:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Barry,

What happens if you install just the MMC console on a client machine on the network? It would be interesting so see if the gatekeeper node showed up then.

Are you using the full version of ISA Server with SP1 installed?

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to Barryh)
Post #: 2
RE: Gatekeeper no show in ISA Manager - 22.Mar.2002 8:47:00 PM   
Barryh

Okay, this is so dumb I hate to admit it and have egg on my face! But in fairness to board memebers I must admit my tribulations. At least I think this is it. I am reinstalling ISA. This time I did a custom install ( last time was "typical"). I noticed that in addition to selecting the option to install gatekeeper... you have to also go into admin tools and select the option to install gatekeeper admin tool. Now I do not know why anyone would want to install the gatekeeper service without the admin tool ... but it can be done and I probably missed installing the admin tool last time. [Roll Eyes]

(in reply to Barryh)
Post #: 3
RE: Gatekeeper no show in ISA Manager - 22.Mar.2002 10:03:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Barry,

LOL!

Thanks for the follow up [Big Grin]

Tom

(in reply to Barryh)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Gatekeeper no show in ISA Manager Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts