• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

H.323 Gatekeeper installation

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> H.323 Gatekeeper installation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
H.323 Gatekeeper installation - 28.Mar.2002 1:35:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi,

this is the situation: ISA/SP1 running on W2K/SP2, only outbound access and PPTP VPN access configured. After adding the two components for H.323 gatekeeper, the Firewall, Proxy and Download service refuses to start. We got the following Event IDs:

- System log: Service Control Manager, EventID 7024, The Microsoft ISA Server Control service terminated with service-specific error 278540.
- Application log: Microsoft ISA server, EventID 14192, Microsoft ISA Server Control Service failed to start because the operating system service Routing and Remote Access is already running. To fix this problem use ISA Server setup to reinstall ISA.

Checking the Remote Access service, we found that RRAS was *not* longer depend on the ISA Server Control service. Running the VPN wizard again doesn't correct the problem. Disabling and reconfiguring RRAS doesn't fix the problem either. To fix this problem, we had to re-install ISA and SP1 *and* run the VPN wizard again.

Is this normal and is there no other shorter way to correct the problem?

BTW --- I've seen that same behaviour already on 2 different ISA server installations.

Regards,
Stefaan

[ March 28, 2002, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: spouseele ]
Post #: 1
RE: H.323 Gatekeeper installation - 28.Mar.2002 5:42:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Stephaan,

That's a relative common problem. I've run into many time myself. The key is to make the isactrl server dependent again. Try this:

To do this

1. Find out the names of the services. Regedit is easiest for that since you can search for the text string.

All services are at

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

RRAS = RemoteAccess
ISA Control = isactrl

2. Export the RRAS key as a backup!

3. Fire up REGEDIT32 (far easier to work with binary strings!) and goto the RRAS key.

4. Double click on the DependOnService value in the right pane.

5. Add in isactrl on a new line, so in my case, it looks like this:

RpcSS
isactrl

6. Ok, get out of there, reboot, all should be fine!

This is also useful technique for when the netlogon service is always starting before DNS is up etc etc.

==================================
HTH,
Tom

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 2
RE: H.323 Gatekeeper installation - 28.Mar.2002 6:11:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi Tom,

thanks, very usefull tip [Wink]

Regards,
Stefaan

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> H.323 Gatekeeper installation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts