• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

H.323 configured fine... but can't reply to external calls!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> H.323 configured fine... but can't reply to external calls! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
H.323 configured fine... but can't reply to external ca... - 5.Apr.2002 9:58:00 PM   
caio1

I configured everything fine and this is the result:

1. internal client may call any external client on the internet, via direct ip/hostname or via ils server configured on the isa machine

2. when external client (configured to use isa external interface ip as gateway) try to call an internal client (configured to use internal interface ip as gatekeeper and with phone number 123456) the internal client receive the "incomin call" dialog, but after pushing "accept" button nothing happens and after a while the connection try times out on the external netmeeting.

I'm really happy that I succeded in configuring internal client to call externals even via ils... but I'd like that also incoming calls work!

For testing purpose I set the isa policy like in the article "getting started with isa server" and it's all open access.
What's strange is that call request arrives correctly till the internal client but there it stops.

Really can't figure out what's wrong.

Any help appreciated

Caio
Post #: 1
RE: H.323 configured fine... but can't reply to externa... - 6.Apr.2002 3:33:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Caio,

Are the external computers behind a firewall or NAT? That could cause problems.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to caio1)
Post #: 2
RE: H.323 configured fine... but can't reply to externa... - 6.Apr.2002 7:37:00 PM   
caio1

No.
It's a dsl modem client.

Any clue?

Thx
Caio

(in reply to caio1)
Post #: 3
RE: H.323 configured fine... but can't reply to externa... - 24.Apr.2002 8:04:00 PM   
Jim507

Hi Caio,

In your configuration for Access Policy. Do you have any rules configured that limit access to a set group or users? I had the same problem and it was related to Site and content rules limiting outbound access to only specific users.

Jim

(in reply to caio1)
Post #: 4
RE: H.323 configured fine... but can't reply to externa... - 1.Aug.2003 6:08:00 PM   
nageenp

Hi folks,

I have this EXACT problem as well my external client is behind a draytek router using NAT but i opened the DMZ on the router but it still did not work.

Nageen

(in reply to caio1)
Post #: 5
RE: H.323 configured fine... but can't reply to externa... - 11.Aug.2004 8:12:00 PM   
tim724342

I have the same problem. But it's only one client having this problem. Other clients can accept incoming calls. This particular user netmeeting refuses to respond to the incoming calls. As soon as the user click on the accept button, it times out.

I checked my setting on the H.323. Everything is setup as supposed to. The client having problem is windows XP and firewall client. Thanks

(in reply to caio1)
Post #: 6
RE: H.323 configured fine... but can't reply to externa... - 13.Nov.2004 4:19:00 PM   
felafel

Have you tried to monitor the call in the Active Calls section of the Gatekeeper?

The event log on the ISA box should have some information as well.

Regards

(in reply to caio1)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> H.323 configured fine... but can't reply to external calls! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts