• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Polycom ViaVideo and ISA Gatekeeeper

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Polycom ViaVideo and ISA Gatekeeeper Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Polycom ViaVideo and ISA Gatekeeeper - 17.May2002 2:31:00 PM   
Has anyone had any experience using Polycom's ViaVideo application with the H.323 Gatekeeper? Internal clients (Viavideo & netmeeting) can register/connect with the Gatekeeper w/o problem, but external ViaVideo clients cannot, while external netmeeting clients can. Internal clients can make outbound calls to both netmeeting and ViaVideo clients, but can only take inbound calls from netmeeting clinets (since they are the only ones that can log into the gatekeeper externally). M$oft's info on the Gatekeeper is pretty sparse. Have ISA Server 2000 book and have set up the gatekkeper correctly as far as I can tell. Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Adam R.
  Post #: 1
RE: Polycom ViaVideo and ISA Gatekeeeper - 22.May2002 9:51:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Adam,

Haven't worked with that product, but if you can call in and out with NetMeeting, then you've got the thing configured correctly!

I wonder if they use some H.323 varient or if the Gatekeeper does? Can you tell what packets are being dropped?

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Polycom ViaVideo and ISA Gatekeeeper - 9.Jan.2004 10:29:00 PM   
Never Again

I am in the same situation right now. I have two remote sites both behind ISA server and the gatekeeper and they register fine with thir respective gatekeepers but call the other from either side does not work. I spoke to someone at polycom and she says that they have approached Microsoft about the fact that external registration is not possible or something like that and she says that they refuse to work with polycom on this issue with ISA gatekeeper. Apparently she says that viavideo software uses version 4 of the protocol and ISA might use an older one and that could be the issue. Have you ffound a solution yet? I would be glad to share experiences. I am currently trying to get this to work in fact I have for the past three days.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3
RE: Polycom ViaVideo and ISA Gatekeeeper - 12.Jan.2004 3:52:00 PM   
Steve295

I've got same problem. Just wondering if *anyone* has ever been able to get this product to work with ISA Server?

steve

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4
RE: Polycom ViaVideo and ISA Gatekeeeper - 14.Jan.2004 10:15:00 AM   
buffer overflow
affects anyone who left h.323 enabled as default.
enjoy.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-001.asp

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 5
RE: Polycom ViaVideo and ISA Gatekeeeper - 14.Jan.2004 10:44:00 PM   
Never Again

Can anyone post info on directly publishing a netmeeting client machine behind ISA because that polycom software will not unless I can do it that way (SecureNat )client. Including all protocol rules required for netmeeting publishing and access rules for it to get back out to caller. Thanks. Note: I don't want to use gatekeeper. I disabled that filter and stopped the service.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 6
RE: Polycom ViaVideo and ISA Gatekeeeper - 14.Jan.2004 10:45:00 PM   
Never Again

Rather rules and defs for H.323 compliant client other than netmeeting.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 7
RE: Polycom ViaVideo and ISA Gatekeeeper - 21.Jan.2004 1:50:00 AM   
Never Again

I got it! I finally got this to work last friday (01/16/04). I will post my setup to tomorrow. Basically I had to create a whole bunch of protocols i.e. 1720 TCP, 3230-3235 TCP/UDP and 1503 TCP etc. I will post details tomorrow when I get to work. Video works great but I have not gotten a chance to test the audio
(no headset , picked up one today). but it shold work fine. Also instead of leaving the dynamic ports I used fixed ports and specified the external NAT address in the polycom software. All in all you will have about 10 publishing rules for each host. Standby...

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 8
RE: Polycom ViaVideo and ISA Gatekeeeper - 21.Jan.2004 1:52:00 AM   
Never Again

Oh forgot to mentition I have it setup in a ISA to ISA setup from one company to the next. Works great (video anyway , read above).

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 9
RE: Polycom ViaVideo and ISA Gatekeeeper - 5.Feb.2004 6:41:00 PM   
Please post your results, I am waiting very patiently. I need this to fix the same problem here.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Polycom ViaVideo and ISA Gatekeeeper Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts