• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

No _q931 in W2K DNS Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> No _q931 in W2K DNS Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No _q931 in W2K DNS Server - 7.Aug.2002 11:52:00 PM   
Droach

Any ideas?, there is no _q931 option in the SVR record for the Windows 2000 Servers I have (sapanish with SP2 applied), I know maybe this is not the right place to ask for this, but i thought maybe somebody had this situation too.

What Im trying to do is a Gatekeeper to Gatekeeper connection over the internet, with e-mail address calling rule active.

Thanks in advance for any help....
Post #: 1
RE: No _q931 in W2K DNS Server - 9.Aug.2002 4:31:00 PM   
srayner

q931 is for email address calling in netmeeting. Just add the record in DNS. Although microsoft suggest it is needed, I have had it working without the record.

(in reply to Droach)
Post #: 2
RE: No _q931 in W2K DNS Server - 9.Aug.2002 7:26:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi SR,

You're right. As long as your configure the destination, it works fine. The ideal setting, and its supposed to work this way, is that you can set the _q931 record and let DNS resolve the destination, so that you don't have to configure an explicit destination for the email address rule.

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to Droach)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> No _q931 in W2K DNS Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts