• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Back-to-Back ISA with H.323

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Back-to-Back ISA with H.323 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Back-to-Back ISA with H.323 - 13.Aug.2002 7:47:00 AM   
BareFoot

Scenario:

I have an Exchange Conferencing Server protected by a back-to-back ISA server set-up. The Conferencing server is on the internal network, not the DMZ.

Am I right in thinking that I have to configure the H.323 Gatekeeper on both servers, having the external ISA pointing to the internal, and the internla ISA pointing to the Conferencing Server.

Any help or links the relevant articles would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Neil
Post #: 1
RE: Back-to-Back ISA with H.323 - 19.Aug.2002 1:20:00 PM   
BareFoot

Thanks anyway - I figured it out

(in reply to BareFoot)
Post #: 2
RE: Back-to-Back ISA with H.323 - 25.Aug.2002 11:01:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi BareFoot,

How did you fix this?

In a private address back to back DMZ, you can't get it to work, at least that is my experience.

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to BareFoot)
Post #: 3
RE: Back-to-Back ISA with H.323 - 28.Aug.2002 2:36:00 AM   
BareFoot

Hi Tom

Before I started any ISA configuration I made sure that the public IP address for conferencing on the external ISA and the equivalent on the internal ISA Server were the default IP addresses, i.e. first bound, on the respective interfaces.

For the internal ISA Server I followed Microsoft Article Q303098. I also configured the H.323 Application filter - Select Use This Gatekeeper and enter the internal IP address of the ISA Server.

On the external ISA Server I again used MS Article Q303098 up until the Configuring the H.323 Gatekeeper section. Here, instead of Registering a Static User I added a Destination...

Destination Type - Gatekeeper
Destination Address - External IP Address of the Internal ISA Server

Again I configured the H.323 Application filter - Select Use This Gatekeeper and enter the internal IP address of the ISA Server.

This all seems to work fine for a data conference. We haven't had chance to test video and audio yet, but I'm hoping for the best.

Hope this is all clear. If you want more detail I've written up a full step-by-step that I can e-mail you, it just contains private information at the moment.

Cheers
Neil Otway

(in reply to BareFoot)
Post #: 4
RE: Back-to-Back ISA with H.323 - 29.Aug.2002 7:42:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the follow up on this! Makes sense to me that data would work, but I'd be surprized if voice/video work correctly. If voice/video work, I'll buy you a beer at the next Olympics! [Big Grin]

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to BareFoot)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Back-to-Back ISA with H.323 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts