• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Using NetMeeting and the H.323 Gatekeeper as a HelpDesk tool article

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> RE: Using NetMeeting and the H.323 Gatekeeper as a HelpDesk tool article Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Using NetMeeting and the H.323 Gatekeeper as a Help... - 13.Jun.2003 12:32:00 PM   
fabiocatania

I am in this situation: all PC clients behind ISA server and clients are directly connected to the Internet.

I am able to place a call to an external and static ip client: video and chat are available.

Instead, external client cannot place a call
(the message is: user is not able to accept the call)

May someone help me ?

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 21
RE: Using NetMeeting and the H.323 Gatekeeper as a Help... - 14.Jun.2003 11:57:00 AM   
spouseele

Hi fabiocatania,

external clients should use your ISA external interface as H.323 Gateway to make calls to internal hosts.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 22
RE: Using NetMeeting and the H.323 Gatekeeper as a Help... - 13.Feb.2004 5:51:00 PM   
felafel

I have noticed that using the NetMeeting ActiveX control pops up a security messagebox when making the call from the browser. Did you find a way around that?

Is your helpdesk page still up? I can't get to it. Are we able to see it in action?

Thanks in advance

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 23
RE: Using NetMeeting and the H.323 Gatekeeper as a Help... - 13.Feb.2004 9:31:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi felafel,

if I remember well, we haven't had any problem with that. I believe that our customers use the IE security settings 'Medium'.

The HelpDesk is still alive and is used on a daily base without any problem. However, it is only available for our customers, not to the general public. So, you can't see it in action unless you have implemented it in your environment! [Razz]

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 24
RE: Using NetMeeting and the H.323 Gatekeeper as a Help... - 20.Nov.2006 4:46:40 PM   
dscheid

I would like to setup this senario for my clients.  I have seen this in action before and I was hoping you could give me some ideas.  I have a bit of confusion when it comes to the requirementsas for MCU's and gatekeepers, etc.  Can you contact me offline so I can bounce some questions off of you.

Thanks
DJ

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 25
RE: Using NetMeeting and the H.323 Gatekeeper as a Help... - 21.Nov.2006 2:10:17 PM   
spouseele

Hi DJ,

I would no longer invest in this old technology. Netmeeting is no longer supported in the newer OSes and the H.323 Gateway/Gatekeeper support is dropped in ISA 2004 and later.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to dscheid)
Post #: 26
RE: Using NetMeeting and the H.323 Gatekeeper as a Help... - 15.Mar.2008 9:08:39 AM   
loeb

Great article, but I can't read any of the traces.  All I see is a dark blue picture with fuzzy yellow lettering.  What am I doing wrong?

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 27
RE: Using NetMeeting and the H.323 Gatekeeper as a Help... - 15.Mar.2008 9:22:52 AM   
spouseele

Hi loeb,

oops... the formatting seems to be broken.

Check out the same article over at http://users.skynet.be/spouseele/H323/NetMeeting_and_H323_Gatekeeper_as_HelpDesk_tool.htm instead.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to loeb)
Post #: 28

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> RE: Using NetMeeting and the H.323 Gatekeeper as a HelpDesk tool article Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts