• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

I can hear the remote client, but they cant hear me.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> I can hear the remote client, but they cant hear me. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I can hear the remote client, but they cant hear me. - 23.Dec.2002 6:07:00 PM   
skipster

Hi all.

I have been using ISA, to support netmeeting calls. I have no problems with audio, or video, if the remote client machine, is not behind any type of firewall. I now have a client who is behind a linksys 10 port router. When this cleint uses netmeeting to call my machine behind ISA, i can hear the client, but the client cant hear me, and no video works either. Application sharing works, and file transfer works. If i can hear the client, but the client cant hear me, then which firewall is blocking these packets, the linksys on the remote network, or ISA?

Thansk for any help
Post #: 1
RE: I can hear the remote client, but they cant hear me. - 23.Dec.2002 7:28:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi Skip,

as you probably know, the H.323 protocol used by NetMeeting is a very complex protocol. You can find some more info about H.323 and NetMeeting in my article http://www.isaserver.org/articles/Using_NetMeeting_and_the_H323_Gatekeeper_as_a_HelpDesk_tool.html .

If the firewall or NAT device at the remote site doesn't support explicitely the H.323 protocol, you will definitely have problems with the audio and video part of the conversation. The data part should work if the remote site initiates the connection. So, you have to find out if the Linksys has special support for NetMeeting or H.323.

BTW --- if you are interested to find out why it doesn't work, use the free Network Monitor Ethereal. There is a plugin available for decoding the H.323 protocol used by NetMeeting and the ISA H.323 Gateway/Gatekeeper.

HTH,
Stefaan

(in reply to skipster)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> I can hear the remote client, but they cant hear me. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts