• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Simple way to config. H.323

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Simple way to config. H.323 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Simple way to config. H.323 - 5.Mar.2003 11:21:00 PM   
zohayr

hello every one,
i have a server which is running Win. 2000AS. It is running DNS, DHCP, active directory and IIS. Due to problems im having with router and Netmeeting i want to have WS to use this server also as a proxy. Now all i need is for ISA to pass H.323 Protocol so WS's can use netmeeting.

We use a gateway in netmeeting to place calls. The gateway is just the ip of a remote computer...

So my question is what is the simplest way that i can configure ISA, (i dont know ISA that well "[Confused]" )

TNX in advance
Zohayr A
Post #: 1
RE: Simple way to config. H.323 - 7.Mar.2003 3:14:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Z,

Check out www.isaserver.org/shinder and "Configuring ISA Server 2000"

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 2
RE: Simple way to config. H.323 - 8.Mar.2003 1:18:00 PM   
zohayr

Tom thanks for the help...
I have a new idea, so i wanted to ask if it works.... and im gonna describe my problem.

Right now we have a network of about 50 WS's connected to a small router with a 4 port switch built in. The router is connected to a ISDN line and acts as a firewall, DHCP server and some other functions... The problem is the firewall blocks the Netmeeting protocals, i tried the unblock them and its not possible.

So i was thinking of adding a ISA server so i can set the server as a DMZ on the router and let netmeeting to pass. Here is what im thinking of:

What i want is that when a WS wants to use just HTTP or FTP it goes directly through router but when they need to use netmeeting it goes through the Server...
So my question is this possible and if yes is this the best way??? [Confused]

TNX

Zohayr A.

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 3
RE: Simple way to config. H.323 - 8.Mar.2003 4:26:00 PM   
zohayr

here is the pic if u dont see the one in the msg:

http://www.geocities.com/ishman_2000/Drawing1.jpg

Strage that it doesnt show the pic, but if u paste the URL in ur browser it'll do the trick.

[ March 08, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Zohayr ]

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 4
RE: Simple way to config. H.323 - 8.Mar.2003 5:25:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi Zohayr,

clicking on the URL doesn't open the pic and you get a page unavailable! However, doing a save as... seems to work! [Razz]

HTH,
Stefaan

[ March 08, 2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: spouseele ]

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 5
RE: Simple way to config. H.323 - 21.May2003 9:53:00 AM   
Chris.Renshall

G'Day Z

Well for my money that set up should work provided the DMZ port does what its suppose to and open all the ports up. You would set up the gatekeeper and build your destination and IP/phone number rules as descrided in the these articls ..

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Multiple_scenarios_for_using_NetMeeting.html

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Basic_NetMeeting_and_ISA_Server_H323_Gatekeeper_Configuration.html

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/How_to_Configure_Internal_NetMeeting_Clients_to_Call_External_Netmeeting_Clients.html

I have used these links to great effect

What sort of router is it as well ?

What i have is w2k with ISA on a compaq 6400 with dual network cards. My ISA acts as my internet gateway, VPN server & H323 gatekeeper .

So you can either do away with the ISDN router and move the ISDN connection directly into the ISA box, then put the ISA nic connection into your HUB and set your WS clients to use it as there gateway, which will also make them secure NAT clients.

Then follow the articles above on setting up the netmeeting clients to do as you wish.

Hope this helps... Its what i use and it works.

Chris

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Simple way to config. H.323 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts