Need help for a Netmeetin solution (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper

costi1010 -> Need help for a Netmeetin solution (22.May2003 3:43:00 PM)

Hello Stefaan,

I was reading your article about how to use H.323
Gatekeeper as a helpdesk tool. It was really helpful to make me understand some H.323 aspects.
What i want to ask you is about a kind of solution i want to implement in my case which somehow is similar with the solution you already implemented. For this i will make a little description of my environment.
We have basically one central location A with 172.19.44.0/22 for intranet and 172.19.35.0/24 for extranet. Also we have some remote locations B,C,. with the following IP realm
B 172.26.43.0/24
C - 172.26.48.0/24
The main computers from the central location A are connected in both network 172.19.44.0/22 and 172.19.35.0/24,. People from the remote locations can access the main Computers through extranet 172.19.35.0/24 side of the network. The ISA server we have is connected as well in these 2 networks with the following IP addresses(172.19.46.73 for intranet and 172.19.35.73 for extranet). People from remote locations can access the main ISA server through
172.19.35.73 NIC. We want to implement a World wide Netmeeting solution for all locations. For this we have to implement as well a kind of H.323 Gatekeeper/Gateway solution in order to allow as NAT. The problem we have is that the people from remote locations B,C should have netmeeting connections with the people from the central location A and they cant have a direct connection because remote locations could access only the extranet of central location. We have configured ISA server to act as H.323 Gatekeeper/Gateway and we have configured the netmeeting clients from A location to register with the Gatekeeper. At remote location we have configured the netmeeting clients to use the external interface of ISA server which belongs to the A location extranet 172.19.35.73. We are able to call from remote locations B,C using phone numbers people from central location A, but we are not able to call from central location A to remote locations B,C.
- What do you think that a should implement in order to allow me have calls from both places from location A to B,C as well from B,C to A ?
- Do you think that is enough one ISA server for this purpose or should a implement ISA servers as well in the remote locations B,C.
- How should i implement the routing rules and what kind of routing rules i should use(phone rules, ip rules, e-mail rules)
- How can allow audio/video for people that are calling from A to B,C as well for people that are calling from B,C to A
Regards,
Costi

Page: [1]