• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Allowing voice and video through Yahoo messenger

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Allowing voice and video through Yahoo messenger Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allowing voice and video through Yahoo messenger - 12.Jan.2004 1:20:00 AM   
Bilr

I'm trying to allow voice and video through yahoo messenger. I can log in, join a chat room, but when I try to use a camera or view a camera or hear voice, I get an error that says I can't because I'm behind a firewall.

Is there and article or can you give me SPECIFIC steps on what I must configure to make voice/video work in Yahoo messenger?

Thank you for any help given.
Post #: 1
RE: Allowing voice and video through Yahoo messenger - 27.Jan.2004 6:27:00 AM   
Hi,
Create a Protocol Definition for Yahoo. Do the following steps.
1. In the Protocol Definition , Create new protocol Definition , for eg. Yahoo Messenger Protocol (TCP).
2. Use the port 5050 (TCP Outbound)
3. In Parameters, add port 5100-5100 TCP (add both Inbound and outbound, this is for webcam), add Port 5000-5010 TCP (add both inbound and outbound)
4. In the access policy, just add this protocol to allow voice & webcam in Yahoo. for mor information visit http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mesg/twin/twin-36.html

5. Done!..

(in reply to Bilr)
  Post #: 2
RE: Allowing voice and video through Yahoo messenger - 30.Jan.2004 12:48:00 AM   
Bilr

Thank you Viju for responding. I tried the steps you showed and I still have no access to video or voice in Yahoo messenger. I am very new to ISA. Is there something that I missed or somthing else I should do? In your response you gave a link to a yahoo website. Am I supposed to enter some of this info into the filters? if so, where and how?

Thanks again for your help

(in reply to Bilr)
Post #: 3
RE: Allowing voice and video through Yahoo messenger - 2.Feb.2004 1:10:00 PM   
Hi Bilr,
If you have entered the information correctly, then you must have a rotocol Definion (Youcould name it as Yahoo Protocol). Double click on that defenition and check the following details are stored in it.

Primary Connection:
PortNo 5050 Protocol type : TCP Dorection OutBound.

Secondary Connection

Port Range Protocol Type Direction

5000-5010 TCP OutBound
5000-5010 TCP InBound
5100 TCP OutBound
5100 TCP InBound

If the above inforamtion is not in your protocol defenition, then Create a new protocol defention with these details.

In your access policy, you must have specified a protocol rule which allows internet access. In that rule, choose Protocol tab and select 'Selected Protcol', then add the protocol you defined above. I put the link to Yahoo site just to give an idea that which ports are used by Yahoo. In your IP Packet filtering, Enable IP Packet Filtering and Enable IP Routing. Everything will work perfect.
Best of Luck.

(in reply to Bilr)
  Post #: 4
RE: Allowing voice and video through Yahoo messenger - 2.Feb.2004 1:16:00 PM   
Hi Bilr,
Above all, in your Yahoo Messenger you have to configure your connection. Choose Login->Preferences from the Yahoo messenger menu and choose Coonections. Then select "No Proxies". No other connection type allow Voice in Yahoo.

(in reply to Bilr)
  Post #: 5
RE: Allowing voice and video through Yahoo messenger - 2.Feb.2004 4:07:00 PM   
Bilr

Viju
I did configure ISA as you suggested. I double checked it and it is setup with the protocals as you described. I also went into Yahoo and changed the setting to "no proxy". Now when I try to connect to a camera I get "network error while connecting to server" message. This also happens with voice.

Any suggestions here?
Thanks
BilR

(in reply to Bilr)
Post #: 6
RE: Allowing voice and video through Yahoo messenger - 2.Feb.2004 4:12:00 PM   
ppeetoom

For secondary connections to work, you HAVE to be a Firewall Client. It won't work with SNAT or Web Proxy clients.

Good luck..........

(in reply to Bilr)
Post #: 7
RE: Allowing voice and video through Yahoo messenger - 2.Feb.2004 4:34:00 PM   
Bilr

Viju
Re-looking at your response you mentioned in Packet Filtering to Enable IP Packet Filtering and Enable IP Routing.

I looked under "Access Policy" - "Packet Filter". there are filters in there for DHCP, DNS, several ICMP, and secureNAT and nothing else. I looked in Protocal Definitions and find nothing regarding packet filtering or ip routing.

Do I need to creat a packet filter and if so, can you give me the steps I need to do to create it?

Thanks
Bilr

(in reply to Bilr)
Post #: 8
RE: Allowing voice and video through Yahoo messenger - 4.Feb.2004 6:29:00 AM   
Hi Bilr,
I was mentioning about the IP Filter under "Access Policy". Right click on the IP Packet Filter, choose "Properties", then Enable IP Packet Filtering and Enable IP Routing.
Did you notice Mr. Groofster's response? To work the secondary connections, your client computer should be a firewall client. To make your computer a Firewall client, do the following,
Click Start->Run
Then type '\\ServerComputerName\mspclnt\setup.exe'
(ServerComputerName is the computer on which you installed ISA Server)

Best of Luck.

(in reply to Bilr)
  Post #: 9
RE: Allowing voice and video through Yahoo messenger - 4.Feb.2004 8:16:00 PM   
Bilr

It works! IT WORKS!
After installing the client it fired right up.

Thank you both very much for your help!

BilR

(in reply to Bilr)
Post #: 10
RE: Allowing voice and video through Yahoo messenger - 5.Jun.2004 10:10:00 PM   
uri64

Hello,
I did everything that was suggested to enable voice and cam trough yahhoo messenger...i made the protocol definition, created protocol rule, and installed the firewall client...and restarted the ISA and the client computer - in the end - it didnt worked at all
If you have any other ideas - please share them - i am desperate.
Thanx and best regards

(in reply to Bilr)
Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Allowing voice and video through Yahoo messenger Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts