• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Incoming calls to Multitech VOIP Gateway HELP!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Incoming calls to Multitech VOIP Gateway HELP! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Incoming calls to Multitech VOIP Gateway HELP! - 9.Sep.2004 6:56:00 PM   
Ilovelinux

Hi there,

IĈd be really grateful if someone could help me with a VOIP problem IĈm having, IĈll describe my setup firstà.

I have ISA 2000 Sp2 installed running on Windows 2003 Server standard. I have two ISP connections, one is a 2Mb ADSL and the other a 1Mb DSL with load balancing handled by Rainconnect.

IĈm extremely happy with the way the server is running, my only remaining task is to integrate our remote workers with our phone system.

I currently use a product called Multivoip by Multitech, to bridge two PBX systems together over the LAN (I have two sites that are linked by a 100Mb Laser link). One of the features of the Multivoip VOIP system is itĈs support for H323, for example, from any PC on my LAN I can call any extension on my PBX by simply setting the gateway in netmeeting to the LAN address of one of the Multivoip boxes and then calling the extension number.

My old Firewall, Symantec Raptor 6.5, had a really simple but effective H323 gateway that all you had to do was create an alias for each extension. This Alias would contain, the alias name, and the IP of the machine any call to this alias will be routed to.

What would happen is a remote user (on an ADSL connection) would set the gateway in netmeeting to the external IP of the firewall and then simply dial the alias that corresponded to the extension he or she wanted to call. Raptor would then forward the call to the relevant VOIP box.

IĈm trying to get this working in ISA but IĈm not really sure if it can do this kind of thing? IĈve started of simply by trying to set up incoming netmeeting calls (audio only) but even this is proving difficult. At the moment I can happily call out from my LAN but when I try to call in, it fails, but to be honest IĈm not entirely sure how I should be configuring the H323 Gateway do I use Phone number rules or IP address rules? Whenever I try to make an incoming call, The IP log file says it blocked my connection attempt on port 1720.

If anyone can help with this, IĈd be extremely grateful

Kindest Regards

George

PS sorry for the long post!
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Incoming calls to Multitech VOIP Gateway HELP! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts