MSN Messenger voice and video support. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> ISA Server Wish List

Tiggerz -> MSN Messenger voice and video support. (20.Jun.2004 10:02:00 AM)

I'd like to use my web-cam and mic thru ISA server, without having to set up major hacks to do so.

zzz343 -> RE: MSN Messenger voice and video support. (20.Jun.2004 4:01:00 PM)

MSN requires SIP gateway to communicate video n voice which is not supported in ISA [Mad] . However voice communication can be done if opponent party sends you to join voice request n u accept then voice session will be initialised. [Cool]

However you can use netmeeting for better video n voice communication. There is a very good artile of thomas shinder regarding configuring Netmeeting in articles section.

HTH, [Big Grin]

amjad220 -> RE: MSN Messenger voice and video support. (27.Jun.2004 12:35:00 AM)

Dear Tiggerz,
Yes it is possible to configure ISA for yahoo or msn voice and video.

For MSN Download a script from http://www.isatools.org/msnim.zip
and follow the instruction from
http://www.smallbizserver.net/sbs2000/Microsoft_Messenger_cannot_send_files.aspx

for Yahoo :

You need to create the following protocol definitons (under Policy Elements):

1. Yahoo! Voice #1
TCP
Port 5001
Outbound

2. Yahoo! Voice #2
TCP
Port 5000
Outbound

3. Yahoo! Voice UDP
UDP
Port 5000
Receive Send

4. Yahoo! WebCam 1
TCP
Port 5100
Outbound

5. Yahoo Messenger Chat
TCP
Port 5050
Outbound

6. Yahoo Voice UDP 2
UDP
Port 5000
Send Receive

7. Yahoo Webcam 2
UDP
Port 5050
Receive

8. Yahoo Webcam 3
UDP
Port 5050
Send

9. Yahoo Voice UDP 3
UDP
Port 5001
Send Receive

10.Yahoo Voice UDP 4
UDP
Port 5001
Send

11. Yahoo Voice UDP 5
UDP
Port 5001
Receive

12. Yahoo Voice UDP 6
UDP
Port 5001
Receive Send

After you create these you need to add a protocol rule for them in Access Policy. It should work. Dont forget to install Firewall client in your workstation and connect Yahoo Messenger with NO PROXY.

tshinder -> RE: MSN Messenger voice and video support. (4.Jul.2004 9:08:00 PM)

Hi Amjad,

It appears that Yahoo does not use SIP. However, any app that does will not work from behind the ISA firewall.

Thanks!
Tom

awj -> RE: MSN Messenger voice and video support. (5.Jul.2004 4:48:00 PM)

Trying to add the above parameters in to ISA 2004 beta for Yahoo messenger but if i try to add them as an additional messaging protocol i get an error about the session initiation having to be in the same direction. Am i going about this the right way? Where and how should i be adding these to get Yahoo messenger working?

What should be primary and secondary?

PS Be nice if MSN messenger worked but if not then i will test Yahoo's to see how well it performs, shame Microsoft not supporting their own product!

[ July 05, 2004, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: AWJ ]

tshinder -> RE: MSN Messenger voice and video support. (5.Jul.2004 6:19:00 PM)

Hi Al,

I'd just add them all as primary connection in the same protocol definition.

HTH,
Tom

awj -> RE: MSN Messenger voice and video support. (6.Jul.2004 4:55:00 PM)

Tried this again, i added a user defined protocol. Then added all the parameters above but when i come to save it comes up saying ISA server can not save the properties. When i click on the details button it says "The primary connections for a protocol must apply to traffic coming from the same direction"

Any ideas?

Page: [1]