• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Slow response to Network browsing??

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Slow response to Network browsing?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Slow response to Network browsing?? - 11.Mar.2004 1:52:00 PM   
Scandata

Hi Tom,

As usual you run from one issue to the next issue. I cannot get of the idea that there is a misconfiguration in my network setup.

Everything is O.K. except browsing from ISA server to the network takes considerable time???

I believe I saw something from your hand on this forum.

Do you have a suggstion??

Pieter
Post #: 1
RE: Slow response to Network browsing?? - 12.Mar.2004 10:46:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Pieter,

When you say browser, are you referring to network browsing (Browser service) or Web browsing?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to Scandata)
Post #: 2
RE: Slow response to Network browsing?? - 15.Mar.2004 7:24:00 PM   
Scandata

Hoi Thom,

I refer to browsing on the company network. I started all over again to set up a configuration without ISA server, complete with IAS(Radius), Connection manager, L2TP and so on. Everything O.K.

Then I start installing ISA 2004 and the problems starts. I do not understand quit well the cooperation of RRAS and ISA? I think ISA uses RRAS. But what happens with the Application Filters automaticly made by RRAS?

This is quite confusing to me.

Do I miss something?

Pieter

(in reply to Scandata)
Post #: 3
RE: Slow response to Network browsing?? - 16.Mar.2004 4:06:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Pieter,

It could be that there is no Access Rule that allows the NetBIOS browser service broadcasts? I really haven't investigated this issue yet. But, I haven't found network browsing slow within the context of the ISA Management console when I need to connect to the domain to access user accounts. Do you find that slow too?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to Scandata)
Post #: 4
RE: Slow response to Network browsing?? - 16.Mar.2004 9:45:00 AM   
Scandata

Hoi Thom,

Thank you for your reply. Indeed I have the same problem as you discribe. (Among many other problems!). I think it is a routing issue (default gateway??) Also the fact that VPN users receive an IPadress from DHCP and therefore are within the range of the domain, but also belongs to a special network (VPN Users) is confusing to me.

But, in the past I have had the same experiences with every introduction of every new product. We always are running behind the thousands of developers who are working for years on this kind of products and we must try to find out what they mean. We will survive and after a couple of month also ISA 2004 will be in our hands and minds.

Have a nice day, make some money.

Pieter

(in reply to Scandata)
Post #: 5
RE: Slow response to Network browsing?? - 16.Mar.2004 11:11:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Pieter,

Here are some pre-release documents that might help you. Please note that I have not copyedited them yet, so they may not be perfect English yet [Smile]

However, they may help you get started so that things work for you better.

I will continue to try and make more money today [Big Grin]

http://www.msfirewall.org/NEEDCE.zip

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Scandata)
Post #: 6
RE: Slow response to Network browsing?? - 18.Mar.2004 7:46:00 PM   
Scandata

Hi Thom,

Thank you very much for the detailed information.

I surely will inform you when I tackeled the problems.

Pieter

(in reply to Scandata)
Post #: 7
RE: Slow response to Network browsing?? - 19.Mar.2004 2:45:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Pieter,

Very good! Let me know if you have any questions on the docs and if you think there is something I should add to enhance them.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to Scandata)
Post #: 8
RE: Slow response to Network browsing?? - 26.Jul.2004 5:51:00 PM   
terzo

I have this problem too !

The browsing from Network Places is too slow. And also accessing this computer (ISA server) from internal network is slow too. Lets say i want to access the share to install the Firewall Client. The access is too slow.

Thanks in advance.

(in reply to Scandata)
Post #: 9
RE: Slow response to Network browsing?? - 27.Jul.2004 3:47:00 AM   
Uju Sivas

Initial Beta2 config of ISA by the doctor, has dns and all allow rule. With this rule, browsing from ISA is not feasible. It is default-ly disabled for security reason. The best approach will be not to allow. Use ISA part of the domain and use the wins address in internal interface of ISA, then allow netbios browsing service. But, last time, when I tried, I saw that the machine was trying to itself hijack the master browser role....this might be the problem. Haven't investigated yet.

(in reply to Scandata)
Post #: 10
RE: Slow response to Network browsing?? - 28.Jul.2004 5:43:00 PM   
penrose.l@2college.nl

If you have authentication in your ISA then ISA needs to check for universal group membership.
This can take time , especially if you don't have any rules allowing traffic from the ISA to the AD domain [Smile]

There's around 15 protocols you need to allow for BASIC AD access ( nothing special installed , not even http access allowed )
If you have special applications , count the double [Smile]

(in reply to Scandata)
Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Slow response to Network browsing?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts