• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Autodetect not working

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Autodetect not working Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Autodetect not working - 1.Sep.2004 12:02:00 PM   
snewby

When we made the move from ISA 2004 beta up to the release version we did so by installing a new server with it.
Previously users were getting the autodetect through WPAD entry on DNS so when we put the new server in I set up the configuration exactly the same and I just changed the WPAD entry in DNS to reflect the new server name.
Problem is that when I turned off the beta server people's IE stopped working. It doesn't seem to go to the new server for the autodetect. However any new PC's that are built, i.e. they were never using the old server in the first place, can autodetect and work fine.
Anyone have any ideas about this? Is the client maybe caching the setting somewhere?
Thanks in advance,

Steve
Post #: 1
RE: Autodetect not working - 2.Sep.2004 1:14:00 AM   
grinn253

Try adding another alias, this time from the old server pointing to the new ISA?

(in reply to snewby)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Autodetect not working Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts