• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Help with Event ID 32004

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Help with Event ID 32004 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with Event ID 32004 - 22.Sep.2004 4:35:00 PM   
robotdog

I'm doing a new install of ISA 2004 on a Win2k3 server (AD Controller). I want this to be a caching only server so we can monitor web usage so I've selected single network adapter template.

However, once I apply that, I get a message that says:

"The configuration changes were saved to storage, but at least one service failed to laod these changes."

If I look in the event viewer, I find a system event ID 32004 with a source of IPNATHLP and a description of "The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to load the kernel-mode translation module"

The other odd thing is that in the ISA console, under Monitoring and the Services tab, it shows the Microsoft Firewall service as running but with a service uptime of "[a red X icon]????".

I did the usual searching on this site along with MS and Google and nothing turned up that seemed to match.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-RD
Post #: 1
RE: Help with Event ID 32004 - 24.Sep.2004 8:15:00 PM   
penrose.l@2college.nl

hm I guess noone will be able to help you with this one I'm affraid. Prolly reinstalling would fix it. Check out driver problems or installed software or maybe it's hardware related.

I'd go for the reinstall.

lexP

(in reply to robotdog)
Post #: 2
RE: Help with Event ID 32004 - 26.Sep.2004 8:47:00 PM   
robotdog

LexP,

TFR - I've tried to reinstall with no luck. This problem is a real drag because it seems as if I'm the only one to ever have this problem.

-RD

quote:
Originally posted by Lex Penrose:
hm I guess noone will be able to help you with this one I'm affraid. Prolly reinstalling would fix it. Check out driver problems or installed software or maybe it's hardware related.

lexP

(in reply to robotdog)
Post #: 3
RE: Help with Event ID 32004 - 5.Oct.2004 7:27:00 PM   
quote:
Originally posted by Robot Dog:
LexP,

TFR - I've tried to reinstall with no luck. This problem is a real drag because it seems as if I'm the only one to ever have this problem.

-RD

quote:
Originally posted by Lex Penrose:

lexP

Change logon settings for firewall services from "network service" to "Local system".

(in reply to robotdog)
  Post #: 4
RE: Help with Event ID 32004 - 7.Oct.2004 8:43:00 PM   
fivad

<iq180> problem solved thanks to your advice.
Can't thank you enough because this problem was driving our team mad!

(in reply to robotdog)
Post #: 5
RE: Help with Event ID 32004 - 14.Oct.2004 5:10:00 AM   
ipnat

Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ipnat\
ErrorControl from 1 to 0

ISA Server 2004 does not use ipnat.sys. It will still give an error message on startup because ISA Server Install does not uninstall it, It needs to be disabled. Errorlevel 0 stops event log message appearing.

Don't know why MSFT haven't released a KB Article on this yet?

(in reply to robotdog)
  Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Help with Event ID 32004 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts