• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Multiple IPs

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Multiple IPs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple IPs - 22.Sep.2004 9:45:00 PM   
pyuhlu

My DSL provider assigned 5 IP addresses for me and I would like to connect them to the ISA 2004 and point them to the internal network. How should I configure the IPs for the external network part if I use one NIC? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Multiple IPs - 23.Sep.2004 2:43:00 PM   
Just put all the ip adresses under the same netcard - under properties for tcp-ip use the advanced button and just add the ip adresses

(in reply to pyuhlu)
  Post #: 2
RE: Multiple IPs - 23.Sep.2004 11:39:00 PM   
grinn253

quote:
Originally posted by <Huba38>:
Just put all the ip adresses under the same netcard - under properties for tcp-ip use the advanced button and just add the ip adresses

Hi there, i have this question as well, thanks for your response! [Smile] A follow up question:
After entering the public IPs to ISAs external NIC, is there another step to route those to the internal machines that hold various services (web/email, etc.)?
Thanks,
Edgardo

(in reply to pyuhlu)
Post #: 3
RE: Multiple IPs - 24.Sep.2004 12:31:00 AM   
leonhughes

Absolutely! There would be no point in the firewall otherwise [Big Grin]

If you're wanting to 'route' to the server you wouldn't bind the IP address to to ISA server, you would bind it to the server in question and hosts would consider the ISA server as a router. If however you wanted to 'NAT' to a server on a private address range on an internal or DMZ network, then that is another matter.

What are you trying to do?

Leon.

(in reply to pyuhlu)
Post #: 4
RE: Multiple IPs - 29.Sep.2004 2:29:00 AM   
grinn253

quote:
Originally posted by leonhughes:
What are you trying to do?

Leon.

Thanks for asking! [Smile]
After establishing a trust with other subnets/domains, their users map a drive to 1 of our servers for various files, etc.

Currently my internal network is comprised of public IPs, which will also contain the server that others connect to externally (via trust). How would users now connect to our server if the only IP (somewhat) visible is ISA's external NIC?

Create a listener on ISA to listen for requests to the aforementioned servers IP? Then create some publishing rules to allow 445/netbios?

What exactly does binding multiple IPs to ISA's external NIC accomplish?

Thanks,
Edgardo

(in reply to pyuhlu)
Post #: 5
RE: Multiple IPs - 30.Sep.2004 1:26:00 AM   
leonhughes

You wouldn't want to (nessesarily) bind more than one IP address to the external NIC in your ISA server as you wouldn't use NAT in the senario you describe. You would have your network rule 'route' instead of 'NAT'. The important thing here though is to make sure your routing tables are all correct. For example in a 'NAT' senario with all your public IP addresses bound to the external NIC of the ISA server - routing is fairly simple. However when ISA server is routing, the internet router needs to know that the ISA server is responsible for routing requests to your other public IP's. Just to be clear - are you trying to establish a trust relationship over the internet???

Leon

[ September 30, 2004, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: leonhughes ]

(in reply to pyuhlu)
Post #: 6
RE: Multiple IPs - 7.Oct.2004 10:21:00 PM   
grinn253

quote:
Originally posted by leonhughes:
Just to be clear - are you trying to establish a trust relationship over the internet???Leon

Yes this is a trust over the internet.

Thanks,
Edgardo

(in reply to pyuhlu)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Multiple IPs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts