• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2004 on a DC

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> ISA 2004 on a DC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2004 on a DC - 27.Dec.2004 4:26:00 PM   
Hello everybody,

Y have a question about ISA 2004...
For my personal tests, I want to install ISA in windows server 2003 in DC configuration. Some people think it is impossible, and ISA must install on stand-alone server, that is true ??

At home, I have juste one server for my tests, and I don't make different install of many servers !

thank you.

French Kkwet... :-)
  Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2004 on a DC - 27.Dec.2004 7:35:00 PM   
KitL

Hi, i did not succeed trying the same configuration DC and ISA on the same box. I speed hours trying. Some people have manage to make it work. Well i finally endedup setting Virtual Server and great one AD and one ISA server and everything is great.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2004 on a DC - 28.Dec.2004 6:59:00 AM   
ianfermo

Hi,

Before you can incorporate ISA Server and DC you must have ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition for this tadem will work.

Cheers,

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA 2004 on a DC - 28.Dec.2004 8:08:00 AM   
Kkwet

Thank you for your fast answer, I'll test it tomorrow [Smile]

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4
RE: ISA 2004 on a DC - 11.Jan.2005 4:47:00 PM   
I've got ISA 2004 on a 2003 DC working but only when ISA is installed and configured first (basically allow all local traffic access to the ISA server).

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 5
RE: ISA 2004 on a DC - 1.Feb.2005 6:04:00 PM   
woelphie

hello, i want to setup a webproxy using ISA 2004. I know it is not real supported to run a isa 2004 server on a DC, but does it count if it isn't used as a firewall? It was supported with ISA 2000 enterprise? And IAN sayed ISA 2004 Ent it also supported? Only does it excists (MSDN)?
I installed it and it works ...
I encountered quite a few problem but the web traffic passes and is cache, but the logging doesnot work and when you want to apply something new you must stop the firewall service MANUALLy and then it will apply.When i open the dashboard the error not enough permissons pops-up. I am a domain admin and the services are left default
[Frown]
any help is welcome.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> ISA 2004 on a DC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts