• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA/ISA Installation

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> OWA/ISA Installation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA/ISA Installation - 25.Mar.2005 3:28:00 PM   
dd71

In the ISA Server 2004 book Ch. 8 on page 702 it states that when specifying the web mail server, that it is recommended to use the FQDN
of the "machine" and that this be the same as the common name on the Web Site certificate used on the Exchange OWA. We are using multiple front end
servers therefore they will have different names and cannot have the same name as the certificate FQDN. Am I interpreting correctly that
"machine" means the server with the OWA Website configuration? If so what are the consequences of not naming having the servers have the same name as the certificate name even though the ISA Bridge web mail server will be identified as the same name as the FQDN of the SSL certificate?

Does this recommendation have something to do with WINS and Exchange across AD? Please explain further.
Post #: 1
RE: OWA/ISA Installation - 25.Mar.2005 4:41:00 PM   
sniper

Hello dd71,

The issue basicly boils down to how the ISA server is handing the 2nd portion of the request and accessing the Exchange FE server. If the connection is bridged as SSL the Common name of the SSL cert mist match the requesting URL. Now in your case with 2 Exchange FE servers you have some options but 1st can you tell me why there are 2?

(in reply to dd71)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA/ISA Installation - 25.Mar.2005 8:44:00 PM   
sniper

dd71,

Thanks for the PM explaining the need for the 2 I tried to PM you back but could nto send you a PM so here is what I would say to try. Cluster the 2 FE servers or place them behind a hardware load balancing solution. Keep in mind that clients can be directed to a VIP or NLB solution when publishing the SSL error would have to do with the URL (https://webmail.domain.com/exchange)

That can be the same URL to request on 2 servers. The proper licensing ofthe certificate is the only issue to deal with, since you would be installing it twice. At that point you could publish sucessfully.

Unique situation but not unachievable.

(in reply to dd71)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> OWA/ISA Installation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts