• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Isa server 2004 on windows server 2003 domain not found

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Isa server 2004 on windows server 2003 domain not found Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Isa server 2004 on windows server 2003 domain not found - 31.May2005 7:09:00 AM   
wihanh

Hi I upgraded the pdc to windows server 2003 enterprise edition from nt 4 witch worked fine then i installed windows 2003 on the computer witch was gonna be my isa server working with isa 2004 when i installed isa everything worked fine untill i reboot the computer for the first time then it gives me the error on the firewall client authentication failed and then the isa server won't comunicate with the pdc and u can't add any users and no one has got access to anything on the internet I even tried giving everyone acces to everything it still won't comunicate with the pdc as soon as u want to add a user it give a error message saying domain does not exist or can not be contacted I need help!
;-(
Post #: 1
RE: Isa server 2004 on windows server 2003 domain not f... - 31.May2005 7:46:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Wih,

The ISA firewall should not be a DC. Run DCpromo to demote it and make it a member server on your internal network domain.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to wihanh)
Post #: 2
RE: Isa server 2004 on windows server 2003 domain not f... - 31.May2005 10:44:00 AM   
wihanh

Thanks for the reply my isa isn't a dc but the problem started as soon as i upgraded my pdc and my isa server to 2003

(in reply to wihanh)
Post #: 3
RE: Isa server 2004 on windows server 2003 domain not f... - 1.Jun.2005 7:48:00 AM   
A couple of things:
1) Is Active Directory running in mixed mode or native mode.

2) Can you logon to the ISA server with a domain account successfully

(in reply to wihanh)
  Post #: 4
RE: Isa server 2004 on windows server 2003 domain not f... - 1.Jun.2005 8:22:00 AM   
wihanh

Before installing Isa server I can do everything log on to differnet accounts on the domain then i logged on as administrator of the domain and installed isa then everthing works fine and i set up all my rules then as soon as i restart the server all the users in the current rules turn to digets something like 102-452-34 and i can't log on to any user but administrator it gives me the error domain does not exist or cannot be contacted so i think the isa blocks the computer from communicating with the pdc. I played around with a few settings and got it to work when i added the addapter instead of the ip range we are using and closing isa mangement and re opening it it worked and all the funny digets turned to usernames again but then if u go to a computer and try to surf it gives u the error host not found then u remove some of the ip addresses it added with the adapter and then it works again, untill the next restart.

(in reply to wihanh)
Post #: 5
RE: Isa server 2004 on windows server 2003 domain not f... - 1.Jun.2005 9:12:00 AM   
When you get the error domain does not exist. Could you try pinging the IP address of the DC from the ISA server. If that is successful try ping the DC using hostname (resolves via DNS). Then do the same from the DC and Workstation. This will towards identifying where the problem could potentially be.

Try a Repair of ISA 2004 via add/remove programs, it could be that there maybe some corruption of files.

(in reply to wihanh)
  Post #: 6
RE: Isa server 2004 on windows server 2003 domain not f... - 1.Jun.2005 9:33:00 AM   
wihanh

I can ping the DC from the ISA server with the IP and the hostname but i can't ping the isa server from any other computer. I have tried reinstalling it and also tried standerd and enterprise edition.

(in reply to wihanh)
Post #: 7
RE: Isa server 2004 on windows server 2003 domain not f... - 2.Jun.2005 10:10:00 AM   
Qaiser

Dear, create rules from the network ur accessing the ISA to ISA local host to allow every thing. in ISA 2004, ISA server treates every network as a seperate network. therefore u also hav to open dns port 53 or may b GC port of 3268 so that the users can contact AD GC and DNS, but the best solution would be to open full access from client network to ISA local host.this might help u
Regards
Qaiser

(in reply to wihanh)
Post #: 8
RE: Isa server 2004 on windows server 2003 domain not f... - 6.Jun.2005 8:19:00 AM   
Wihanh,

Without having to create a rule to allow everything. You need to update System Policy Rule 10 to allow pings from Internal Network.

By default the System Polciies are hidden. In order to view them click on Firewall in ISA Management to view the Firewall Rules. On the task pane on the right-hand side Click on SHOW SYSTEM POLICIES.

Scroll upto Rule 10 and double click it. Goto to the FROM tab and click on Add, Expand the Networks folder and select Internal Network.

Apply the update and then try pinging the ISA server from a workstation/Server using both IP address and hostname. You should find that this works.

(in reply to wihanh)
  Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Isa server 2004 on windows server 2003 domain not found Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts