• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Multiple ADSL lines into ISA Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Multiple ADSL lines into ISA Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple ADSL lines into ISA Server - 15.Aug.2005 5:26:00 AM   
SimonK

Hi,

I'm currently getting up to speed on all things ISA Server and I have the ISA Server 2004 book on order that will hopefully get me up to speed.

In the meantime, I have a fairly general question that I'd appreciate any comments on. My company wants to start hosting its own web services. Previously we haven't had a public-facing web server, hence our interest in ISA. One problem though is our internet connectivity. It so happens that we have ADSL available, but not SDSL. We could get a Leased Line but it is obviously an expensive solution. We don't want to relocate or co-locate. Our plan is to start with a single ADSL line during the testing phase of our web services and early roll-out, and then to get scalability by adding subsequent ADSL lines. At some point, if things go well, we might move up to a Leased Line.

You can probably see the question coming. Can one just plug multiple DSL lines into the ISA Server? I have had some advice that the way to do this is to have multiple WAN NICs on the ISA Server - say up to 8 - and just plug each new DSL router into a new NIC. But this sounds unscalable and kludgy to me. Is it possible to have a switch in front of the ISA Server, into which n DSL routers are plugged and from which a single line goes to the ISA Server?

Obviously channel-bonding and/or load balancing would be nice, but I can probably live without it (it appears from other posts that purchasing RainConnect would be the preferred way to do this?) But my main concern is scalability. I don't want to be stuck with 256Kb upload speeds if our bandwidth requirements increase.

Any thoughts?
Post #: 1
RE: Multiple ADSL lines into ISA Server - 15.Aug.2005 6:42:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Simon,

Yes! Check out RainConnect at www.rainfinity.com

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to SimonK)
Post #: 2
RE: Multiple ADSL lines into ISA Server - 15.Aug.2005 7:48:00 AM   
SimonK

Hi,

Just got the book by the way and am now reading ...

Does this mean I need RainConnect to handle multiple DSL lines or can ISA handle it natively but without the bonding/load balancing?

Simon.

(in reply to SimonK)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Installation >> Multiple ADSL lines into ISA Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts