• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

2004 Server Book?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> 2004 Server Book? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2004 Server Book? - 7.Feb.2004 11:13:00 AM   
yahweh

Tom,

Is there a "ISA Server 2004" book in the works?
If so, can you tell me...

- when it will be available
- the title or ISBN

I want to place my order with Barns and Nobles for the book as soon as it is available.

By the way - I have two copies of "ISA Server 2000" and "ISA Server and Beyond" - one set for work and one for home. I call them my ISA Bible.

Thanks! "[Razz]"
Post #: 1
RE: 2004 Server Book? - 8.Feb.2004 6:18:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Lucy,

Thanks! [Big Grin]

We're planning on having one out this summer. I want to make sure I have some really good, detailed information on what people are running into problems with and make sure I cover those topics. I'm taking notes on everything I read here and make sure those topics are covered in detail.

We're going to make sure that ISA2004 doesn't suffer from the "information gap" that ISA2000 had when it came out. The book hopefully will have everything you need to get almost everything working right out of the box! [Big Grin]

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to yahweh)
Post #: 2
RE: 2004 Server Book? - 20.Jul.2004 6:23:00 PM   
thejun

Hey Shinder, Do you have a release Date for your book, or a mailing list to let me know when its being released?
Your books are Great!
-Paul

(in reply to yahweh)
Post #: 3
RE: 2004 Server Book? - 20.Jul.2004 8:43:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Paul,

Thanks! We're looking at October. That will allow us to get some good info into the enterprise edition in it too.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to yahweh)
Post #: 4
RE: 2004 Server Book? - 28.Jul.2004 11:41:00 PM   
grinn253

quote:
We're going to make sure that ISA2004 doesn't suffer from the "information gap" that ISA2000 had when it came out. The book hopefully will have everything you need to get almost everything working right out of the box!

[Big Grin] I have to ask [Wink] do you suppose it will have information regarding the "University Scenerios" where reconfiguring the network to place ISA 'on top' isn't possible? Such as when all clients have public IPs...and once protected how to keep previous Trusts active?

That would be most awesome! [Cool]
Edgardo

(in reply to yahweh)
Post #: 5
RE: 2004 Server Book? - 29.Jul.2004 5:42:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Edgardo,

We could, but I don't understand the problem completely. You can use public addresses with the ISA firewall. The internal networks can use subnets of the public block assigned to the university. We've done this with a couple of public institutions already.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to yahweh)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> 2004 Server Book? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts