• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Reports

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Reports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reports - 12.Jan.2001 1:41:00 PM   
bill@kervaski.com

Anyone having success running reports? Mine come up with no data. The report is there, just everything is zero.
Post #: 1
RE: Reports - 12.Jan.2001 2:52:00 PM   
tshinder

If you've enabled reports and created a report job, it should be creating reports according to your schedule.

The reports are created from the log summaries, check the LogSummaries folder and see if there might be something wrong with it.

HTH,

Tom

quote:
Originally posted by bill@kervaski.com:
Anyone having success running reports? Mine come up with no data. The report is there, just everything is zero.

(in reply to bill@kervaski.com)
Post #: 2
RE: Reports - 13.Jan.2001 1:08:00 PM   
bill@kervaski.com

Well, I'm an idiot then. It seems pretty straight forward. I just reset permissions on the log and report folder and I'm going to try again. Weird. Love the product, though!

quote:
Originally posted by tshinder:
If you've enabled reports and created a report job, it should be creating reports according to your schedule.

The reports are created from the log summaries, check the LogSummaries folder and see if there might be something wrong with it.

HTH,

Tom

Post #: 3
RE: Reports - 13.Jan.2001 1:12:00 PM   
bill@kervaski.com

It was in fact a permissions issue on the logs and reports folder. It must have been the secedit script (The one the setup wizard runs post install). It didn't allow domain admins or the domain administrator access to those two folders and I was using the domain admin credentials. Would have been nice if there was some kind of error, though.

quote:

HTH,

Tom

Post #: 4
RE: Reports - 14.Jan.2001 7:19:00 AM   
tshinder

The default permissions on the logs and reports folder allow the local administrator access. Which template did you apply that prevented domain admins from access?

Tom

quote:
It was in fact a permissions issue on the logs and reports folder. It must have been the secedit script (The one the setup wizard runs post install). It didn't allow domain admins or the domain administrator access to those two folders and I was using the domain admin credentials. Would have been nice if there was some kind of error, though.

Post #: 5
RE: Reports - 18.Jan.2001 11:37:00 PM   
bill@kervaski.com

The 'dedicated' server template.

quote:
The default permissions on the logs and reports folder allow the local administrator access. Which template did you apply that prevented domain admins from access?

Tom

Post #: 6
RE: Reports - 18.Jan.2001 11:18:00 AM   
tshinder

Thanks! I'm not sure how that happened because I couldn't reproduce it. But I'll keep a look out for this sort of thing happening again.

Tom

Post #: 7
RE: Reports - 9.Mar.2001 1:43:00 AM   
Can you run standard reports if you are loging to a SQL server from ISA management or only from SQL server. If SQL only is there a way to copy the reports that ISA has built in and run them within SQL?

Post #: 8
RE: Reports - 9.Mar.2001 10:02:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi scottm5443,

You should be able to run the reports just as you do when you log to text files. ISA should be able to pull the infomation it needs from the data on the SQL server.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Post #: 9
RE: Reports - 26.Apr.2001 4:42:00 AM   
JEBERT

Reports fail to generate from my logs no matter what I try. I have tried again and again using different admin accounts, checked for matching security to the log folder, still no joy. I am just dumbfounded by the fact the software appears to schedule the report and CPU load jumps to 50% utilization on a dual-CPU system. Later, the report is still in in "schedule", no CPU action, and no reports the next morning. Argg.

quote:

------------------
JEbert

Post #: 10
RE: Reports - 26.Apr.2001 5:38:00 AM   
Mike5558

I have NEVER been able to get the reporting fuction to work with SQL logs. My reports show up empty. I can however, log locally and get reporting.

Just my experience.

Post #: 11
RE: Reports - 26.Apr.2001 9:46:00 PM   
I too cannot get any reports from SQL 7.0, they run fine, but just no data in report. I even tried the fix of setting up the computer account of the ISA server to have access to the SQL server. When i run a SQL trace, it never even TRIES to pull the data from SQL......

Post #: 12
RE: Reports - 28.Apr.2001 9:04:00 AM   
tshinder

Hey Guys,

We know that reports work, because I look at them everyday, and so do a lot of other people. SQL logging works too, but its a little tricky. I believe there's a tutorial on this site that covers how to confiugre SQL logging.

So, if the reports aren't working, I've got to wonder if its a hosed installation. As long as you've configured the machine to creae log summaries and reports, it should just happen.

By any chance did anyone run the dreaded Security Wizard? That will surely break things

Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get it Here!

Post #: 13
RE: Reports - 29.Nov.2001 8:08:00 AM   
willbert

When setting up the reports it is important to set them to run everyday or on the days specified.

Under report jobs ensure that "generate once" is not checked off.

I had more success when I also set the date and time to generate the first report as opposed to checking off generate immediately.

Might help.....

Post #: 14

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Reports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll