• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

FTP Access?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> FTP Access? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FTP Access? - 1.Jun.2004 9:45:00 AM   
dactylx

I've got ISA2004 RC setup here in a small environment, and I can't figure out what's goin on here.

I am able to successfully connect to a remove FTP site, but whenever I tried to create a new folder or upload a file, I get a 550 Access Denied message. This message is not showing up in the FTP server's log, and appears to be inserted by something between me and the server. My guess is that ISA is doing something to prevent the action, but I can't figure out how to allow it. I have a rule that specificly allows the FTP protocol, and is using the FTP Access filter. I've tried disabling the filter as well, but same results. Any ideas what is causing the block?
Post #: 1
RE: FTP Access? - 1.Jun.2004 9:46:00 AM   
dactylx

OK. Seems that turning off the FTP Access filter and then re-connecting to the FTP site fixes the problem. I can't believe I didn't try that before posting!

Sorry.

(in reply to dactylx)
Post #: 2
RE: FTP Access? - 2.Jun.2004 12:40:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Dac,

You don't need to turn the filter off, just configure the FTP policy (by right clicking the rule) to allow FTP upload.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to dactylx)
Post #: 3
RE: FTP Access? - 5.Jun.2004 5:31:00 PM   
turbomcp

this was aserious prob in 2000 version
good they fixed it

(in reply to dactylx)
Post #: 4
RE: FTP Access? - 5.Jun.2004 6:34:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Turbo,

They fixed a LOT of ISA 2000 problems in the ISA 2004 firewall.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to dactylx)
Post #: 5
RE: FTP Access? - 16.Jul.2004 6:17:00 AM   
Taps

quote:
Originally posted by tshinder:
Hi Dac,

You don't need to turn the filter off, just configure the FTP policy (by right clicking the rule) to allow FTP upload.

HTH,
Tom

OK.... Maybe I am just dense.... I cannot find where to do this. I have looked all throughout the ISA 2004 config, and I cantr see where to allow uploads.

Can someone walk me through where this is located?

(in reply to dactylx)
Post #: 6
RE: FTP Access? - 16.Jul.2004 6:20:00 AM   
Taps

quote:
Originally posted by Taps:
quote:
Originally posted by tshinder:
Hi Dac,

HTH,
Tom

OK.... Maybe I am just dense.... I cannot find where to do this. I have looked all throughout the ISA 2004 config, and I cantr see where to allow uploads.

Can someone walk me through where this is located?

Nevermind.... I just finished reading the rest of the posts that came up in this forum.... It was already answered in http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000182

(in reply to dactylx)
Post #: 7
RE: FTP Access? - 17.Jul.2004 9:23:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Taps,

Great! Good to hear you got it working and thanks for the follow up!

Tom

(in reply to dactylx)
Post #: 8
RE: FTP Access? - 22.Oct.2004 4:06:00 PM   
sdm

Hi, I have a problem with FTP upload but the answers I found in the forum topics give no solution.

I have a ftp server (3rd party) behind a ISA 2000 at a client site. All ftp commands (using CuteFTP or cmd-line ftp) are successfully processed at the internal network at that site or any site external (from other clients, home etc ...) ...

But, as sending commands to that ftp server from our internal network, uploads and delete commands on that server fail(550, Access Denied), download and logon works. We are behind a ISA 2004 with an FTP Publishing rule (for our own FTP Server) and on that pub rule, I checked out the 'Read Only' box in the FTP Policy but still I cannot upload to my clients FTP Server.

I tried it with additional access rules for FTP Inbound and Outbound on ports 20 (Data) en 21 but no success in uploading ...

Has anyone experienced this ??

Oh, application filter (FTP) is enabled so I should be able to do everything (login and password of FTP user are OK aswel as the permissions on the FTP directory ... it works when accessing from other sites ...)

(in reply to dactylx)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> FTP Access? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote