• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2004 as good old socks proxy

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> ISA 2004 as good old socks proxy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2004 as good old socks proxy - 8.Nov.2004 5:17:00 PM   
j0ep

I'm trying to get a ISA 2004 std server running as an oldstyle socks proxy. The ISA server is configured with the "Single network adapter" template. How can I enable clients to access the isa as a socks proxy ? Target is to enable mIRC from the internal network without using the firewall client.
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2004 as good old socks proxy - 11.Nov.2004 2:54:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi J0ep,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Put a second NIC in the ISA firewall and configure it WITHOUT using the templates. Determine your firewall requirements and then configure the ISA firewall appropriately. There's a lot of good firewall guidance on this site that will help you out.

Also, once you get the ISA firewall properly configured, you won't even need to use SOCKS, which isn't a very secure non-Web proxy proxy protocol.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to j0ep)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2004 as good old socks proxy - 12.Nov.2004 12:05:00 PM   
j0ep

First of all, thanx for the reply.

I will put a second network card in the machine asap. Does that mean I have to put the ISA machine inline ? I mean between my pc's and my router ? I'm asking this because I have toughts on the machines stability (test situation)...

(in reply to j0ep)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> ISA 2004 as good old socks proxy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts