• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unfinshed , unexplained information by Tom

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Unfinshed , unexplained information by Tom Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unfinshed , unexplained information by Tom - 6.Dec.2004 10:02:00 PM   
Uju Sivas

where?
http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletters/january2003.asp
---> 6. Post of the month
---> 3. Other error

Quote:
{
The '995' code also belongs to this last group (Editor's Note: 995 is the I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request error. --Tom.}

Need more info ?
why this happens in relation to ISA 2004
Post #: 1
RE: Unfinshed , unexplained information by Tom - 6.Dec.2004 10:20:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Uju,

That applies only to ISA 2000, as 2004 wasn't out at that time. Haven't investigated the issue in 2004.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Uju Sivas)
Post #: 2
RE: Unfinshed , unexplained information by Tom - 7.Dec.2004 5:02:00 PM   
Uju Sivas

I encounter this in one of the workstation. I have ISA 2004.

Please let me know when this is investigated.

Or let me know what you need more

(in reply to Uju Sivas)
Post #: 3
RE: Unfinshed , unexplained information by Tom - 29.May2007 7:21:21 AM   
chrismp

Hi,

I've been having the similar problems with the error 995 with ISA 2004 SP3 and have been unable to find a fix. I have tried creating a rule that allows all traffic through for the site we have having problems with (just this one site) but with no luck, tried going around the ISA server and it works fine, even looking at the site from the ISA server is fine.

Has anybody else had this error and if so had any success finding a solution?

Cheers in advance,
Chris

(in reply to Uju Sivas)
Post #: 4
RE: Unfinshed , unexplained information by Tom - 31.May2007 7:06:33 PM   
ggilgan

Hi Chris,

I installed ISA 2004 SP3 four weeks ago on a new server. Everything was working fine until the beginning of this week. I am now getting the same error on intermittent sites. I don't have a solution yet either, still working on it. I have ISA 2004 SP2 on two other sites with no issues.

Rgds,
G

(in reply to chrismp)
Post #: 5
RE: Unfinshed , unexplained information by Tom - 9.Jan.2008 5:58:42 PM   
randy_ray

Digging around the Internet and came across this thread regarding the "995 operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request" error when accessing certain HTTPS sites.  I too have ISA2004 with SP3 and didn't experience the problem until after SP3.  The only work around is to remove the proxy setting from IE (we use automatic configuration script).  I attemped to add the domain (taksalt.com) to ISA's internal network properties tabs Domains and Web Browser.  I saw in a post by Jim Harrison that doing so is considered "inappropriate" because the site is not internal.  It's helped resolve an issue or two with other sites and haven't seen any documentation to indicate a risk or alternative.  But regarding the 995 error, as I said, with no proxy setting in the browser the error does not show in the monitor and the user is able to successfully view a PDF document from the HTTPS site.  Has anyone found anything more on this particular problem?  Oh, and I have another user attempting to print from www.wireless.att.com a list of phones and when monitoring the traffic 995 appears and his print job never comes through.  Thanks.

(in reply to ggilgan)
Post #: 6
RE: Unfinshed , unexplained information by Tom - 25.Mar.2008 6:19:01 PM   
randy_ray

The "995" error is just one of a couple errors driving me crazy and I can't find any information to help resolve them. Its reached a point that my boss wants me to bring in other firewall vendors. I've been using ISA since 2000 and in Nov 06 upgarded to ISA2004 so I don't want to switch; however, since installing SP3 in Dec 07 I've had these unexplainable connection problems when accessing various sites. First it was Gaggle.net, a site we've used for several years (I've posted on isaserver.org for that too) and now sites such as gotomeeting.com, gotoassist.com, and in particular our county childrens protective services site used by our crisis prevention counselors through a Citrix client (although I'm getting a connection reset message with it). As in my previous post, my clients are either SNAT or Proxy, typically proxy and ISA2004 is in Edge Firewall mode with my core router having ISA as its default gateway.

The point is that since sp3 there have been these "bugs" that I see other people having too yet there's nothing concrete from Microsoft regarding them. I attempted removing sp3 but that didn't fix it. And I'm not an HTML guru to know what HTTPwatch or Fiddler2 is showing and have no way to run them on the server side.

< Message edited by randy_ray -- 25.Mar.2008 6:20:37 PM >

(in reply to randy_ray)
Post #: 7
RE: Unfinshed , unexplained information by Tom - 25.Mar.2008 8:46:25 PM   
ferrix

In general, I'd disable web filters one at a time until the problem goes away.  If it never does (or to see what is different about the failing traffic), you can play with:

http://blogs.isaserver.org/shinder/2008/01/30/collective-softwares-debugging-filter/

(in reply to randy_ray)
Post #: 8
RE: Unfinshed , unexplained information by Tom - 19.Nov.2008 3:58:57 PM   
randy_ray

After several months (time differences made communication tough) of working directly with Microsoft it was discovered that IE6 is partially to blame. Microsoft was unable to explain it but had its IE and ISA team working to resolve the problem. The combination of an update to IE6 and ISA 2004 sp3 seemed to break something in how IE6 and ISA2004 handled compressed data. I don't know if they ever figured out what the exact cause was but to resolve it for me required changing the compression settings in ISA2004.

In "Define HTTP Compression Preferences", which I had the default of none, the Microsoft rep had me add an External element with "reply with" set to disabled and "request for" set to enabled. Content types include only HTML Documents and Text. Content inspection is enabled. Microsoft had me try different variations of reply with and request for but the settings above are the only ones that worked.

(in reply to ferrix)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Unfinshed , unexplained information by Tom Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts