• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Authentication problems

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Authentication problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Authentication problems - 11.Mar.2005 9:25:00 PM   
alongstreet

We have approx. 100 clients (domain accounts, nt4) using isa with no problems.

We have another 50 clients (XP Tablet) non domain machines, local NT account.

Of the 50, all theses users have domain user accounts for using proxy, citrix etc. Some of these clients get authenticated on the proxy with no problems, while others do not, and end up locking out their domain accounts.
All machines are created with the same image, but some will not authenticate to the proxy using domain credentials, not even domain admin accounts. We have isolated this problem to be the machine itself. Some work, some do not.

Now, on the machines that do not work, if I specify a local account on the ISA server, they can authenitcate and use the proxy.

Any help appreciate
Thanks

Andrew
Post #: 1
RE: Authentication problems - 11.Mar.2005 10:36:00 PM   
WyldWolf

Are the one's locking their domain accounts out logging into the machines with local machine user accounts? If so, if the userid's are the same locally as the domain accounts, I believe it may be sending passthru authentication and if the passwords for the local accounts do not match the same userid on the domain's passwords, the lockout can occur.

(in reply to alongstreet)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Authentication problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts