• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Web Publishing to Linux

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Web Publishing to Linux Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Web Publishing to Linux - 18.Feb.2001 5:36:00 PM   
JimWalsh

All,

I have an internal Linux box running Apache and Enterprose ISA in integrated mode. Setup DNS with an A record for the internal Linux web server, and ran the web publishing wizard. I cannot connect from the outside at all. The error I get in App event log is that the Web Proxy could not create a packet filter on the external ip address of the ISA server. I know I must be doing something really stupid for this to happen. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Jim.

Post #: 1
RE: Web Publishing to Linux - 19.Feb.2001 4:34:00 AM   
joking

Jim,

If you get an answer to this, I'd love to hear it. I'm seeing the exacy same behavior in my current setup.

In Your Service,

Joseph King, MCSE

(in reply to JimWalsh)
Post #: 2
RE: Web Publishing to Linux - 19.Feb.2001 8:38:00 AM   
tshinder

It sounds like a name resolution issue on the internal network. Is the internal interface of the ISA Server using a DNS Server on the internal network that can resolve the name of the internal client?

Of course, if you configured the publishing rule to forward to an IP address on the internal network, this wouldn't be an issue, and we have to think of something else.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to JimWalsh)
Post #: 3
RE: Web Publishing to Linux - 19.Feb.2001 8:50:00 AM   
joking

In our environment, there is no internal DNS server.

The web publishing rule is configured to publish from an IP address.

Here is the error that is generated when someone attempts to hit a web site behind ISA:

The ISA Server services cannot create a packet filter 63.230.228.33. This event occurs when there is a conflict between the Local Address Table (LAT) configuration and the Windows 2000 routing table. Check the routing table and the LAT to find the source of the conflict.

I was unable to identify any such conflict. Completely formating the drives of the server, and re-installing 2000 and ISA did not fix the issue - so I am assuming there is a caviat in the configuration that I have overlooked.

In Your Service,

Joseph King, MCSE

(in reply to JimWalsh)
Post #: 4
RE: Web Publishing to Linux - 20.Feb.2001 9:04:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Joseph,

That IP address for the packet filter, is that the internal IP address of the ISA Server? Are you using private IP addresses on your internal network? If not, you need to, since that's the only way you can publish the server.

Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

(in reply to JimWalsh)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Web Publishing to Linux Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts