• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Block site using a URL set

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Block site using a URL set Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Block site using a URL set - 25.Jan.2005 12:35:00 AM   
ISA2004help

Good Evening everyone,

I'm just looking for some advice on a good URL block list. There are a number of place on the internet that have such files. I just looking for from people experience what list are good to use.

Right now I just been adding site as I see users accessing them. Would be nice to import a big list or URLS.

Thanks for your time
Post #: 1
RE: Block site using a URL set - 25.Jan.2005 1:46:00 PM   
ianfermo

Hi,

Try to check this link.

www.isatools.org

You can find destination sets or url sets for you to import.

Cheers,

(in reply to ISA2004help)
Post #: 2
RE: Block site using a URL set - 28.Jan.2005 5:34:00 PM   
bsockel

I got my list from from squidguard. If i remember correctly it is a unix based list and needs some reformating.

When creating my blocked list i created a seperate Domain Name set for each letter of the alphabet and the created a different rule for each domain name set. This allows for better management of sites if you find a site that gets blocked accidently, you can look in the log file and see which rule blocked the site .

The other thing that i did that made things a lot easier was i created my Domain Name Sets and did not add anything to them, i then exported those settings and modified the XML file and re-imported. A simple copy and paste instead of having to type each site in one by one.

Here is the link
SquidGuard - Black list
Hope this helps

Post #: 3
RE: Block site using a URL set - 19.Feb.2005 4:09:00 PM   
Jim Harrison

The fact is, the fewer rules you have, the more efficient the ISA policy search engine is.

You should create a single "noway" rule that blocks these lists in one shot.
..of course, if you have 50,000 entries in a single URLSet, then you might need to review them for duplicates.

Post #: 4
RE: Block site using a URL set - 1.Jun.2005 2:41:00 PM   
jpineau

We used a script to import text files containing the URL/Domains we wanted to be blocked. One imports into a URL set and the other into a Domain set.

Question - does anyone know how we can categorize these lists so the deny page tells the user why it was blocked?

If the above can be done within ISA 2004 how do we then alter the deny page to include the category?

Thanks,

JP

Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Block site using a URL set Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts