• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2004 & Sharepoint 2003 Form Logon

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> ISA 2004 & Sharepoint 2003 Form Logon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2004 & Sharepoint 2003 Form Logon - 30.Jun.2005 11:24:00 AM   
sps_dev

Greetings,

I have a very interesting issue that I need to resolve and I am hoping that ISA 2004 can help.

I have a client that has deployed Sharepoint 2003 but does not like the NTLM challenge response and would like to have a form logon.

They are aware that ISA 2004 has the ability to publish an OWA form logon and they are wondering if this can be used to authenticate user for Sharepoint.

I have searched the internet for a way of deploying a form log on for sharepoint and the only article I could find was : http://www.theserverside.net/articles/showarticle.tss?id=ImplementingSSO

Unfortunately this doesnĘt seem to work.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate hearing them.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2004 & Sharepoint 2003 Form Logon - 2.Jul.2005 9:45:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi SPS,

Check out FlexAuth over at www.collectivesoftware.com

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to sps_dev)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2004 & Sharepoint 2003 Form Logon - 15.Jul.2005 6:08:00 AM   
col

Hi SPS_Dev,
I've been tring that solution from the following website as well.

http://www.theserverside.net/articles/showarticle.tss?id=ImplementingSSO

I cannot launch the default SP main page after I installed the CustomAuth under the ISAPI Filter list. The default STSFLTR.DLL always have the highest priority and I can't modify the priority sequence.

Just wondering if you manage to find a solution or any new findings to share.

Thanks.

Regards,
Col

(in reply to sps_dev)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA 2004 & Sharepoint 2003 Form Logon - 21.Jul.2005 1:37:00 PM   
sps_dev

Hi Col,

I took the CustAuth source Code and recompiled it with High Priority so that I could assign it a higher priority than the SPS ISAPI filter. Unfortunately this only resulted in sharepoint no longer responding. What happened is the CustAuth filter would authenticate the form request and then redirect the user to the SPS ISAPI filter at this point the Sharepoint ISAPI filter would not accept the credentials from the CustAuth filter and would request authentication to which the CustAuth ISAPI filter would respond by posting the cached credentials. Obviously this resulted in an infinite loop of authentication requests.

My final solution was to use the ISA OWA form login which is pointed to a Sharepoint Server.

Regards,
SPS_DEV

(in reply to sps_dev)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> ISA 2004 & Sharepoint 2003 Form Logon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts