• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

PPTP Site to Site with Vigor 2800 ADSL Router

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> PPTP Site to Site with Vigor 2800 ADSL Router Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PPTP Site to Site with Vigor 2800 ADSL Router - 19.Nov.2005 12:21:10 PM   
kyleheath

Ive been trying to setup a PPTP site to site VPN with a Vigor 2800 adsl router, so far I have achieved the following

1. Vigor 2800 to ISA 2004 - I have created a LAN to LAN connection on the Vigor and using PAP/CHAP with a dial in enabled user I can establish a PPTP VPN connection to my SBS 2003 Server.  However once connected I cannot ping from the remote client to the ISA Server, logging shows this as Denied by no specified rule.  I understand that the ISA 2004 treats my remote network 192.168.100.0 as external and as a result denies my pings.

2. I have setup an ISA 2004 Site to Site VPN for PPTP and successfully had the Demand Dial Interface VPN my Vigor 2800 Router and esatablish a PPTP VPN, allowing ping as a test communication from the ISA to Remote Client and Remote Client to ISA.  At this stage the Site to Site seems to be working as expected.

However the issue occurs when trying to establish the Site to Site from the remote client, the Vigor router cannot PPTP VPN the ISA server, the RRAS logs the event log error 20050, cannot negotiate network protocols.  The Vigor is set to PAP/CHAP so I have set the ISA Site to Site to allwo these encryption types, and also I have allowed these in the RRAS and Remote Access Policy, but each time I get this error when trying to connect from the remote side.

I can only think that it is an ISA issue as I could establish the VPN prior to creating the Site to Site VPN,  but once this is created I cannot.  This means I have half a solution as I can start the link from the main site but not the remote site.

Ive been working on remote sites over ADSL for a while and found IPSEC just isnt consistent enough, and I have MTU issues often, so my plan was to use PPTP as this uses an MTU of 1400.   Does anyone have any thoughs on this, or experience with a Vigor PPTP VPN?

Cheers

Kyle
Post #: 1
RE: PPTP Site to Site with Vigor 2800 ADSL Router - 22.Jun.2006 2:00:26 PM   
Owl

Hi

I am having similar problems at the moment trying to setup a site to site VPN using a Vigor 2800 and the ISA 2004 SP2. Did you resolve your problem if so how?

Everytime I can see that the credentials are accepted (as per the ISA security event log) however under the system Event Log I get the following entry

EventID: 20050
The user xxx\yyyy connected to port VPN3-33 has been disconnected because no network protocols were sucessfully negotiated.

Thank you in advance for any replies or guidance offered.

(in reply to kyleheath)
Post #: 2
RE: PPTP Site to Site with Vigor 2800 ADSL Router - 3.Nov.2012 10:19:24 AM   
oli.hall

Soution to this problem:

In Your DrayTec router go to:
VPN and Remote Access>>LAN to LAN>>Profile Name: TCP/IP Network Settings, Remote Gateway IP.

Draytek state this should be set to 0.0.0.0 as it is configured automatically when connecting to another Draytek router.

What they forget to say is when connecting to an ISA/TMG server, you must set this manually to your Draytek router IP and not 0.0.0.0.

This solved the problem for me.

You must remember that in ISA, the name of Your VPN Network must be the same
as the username used in PPTP.

Draytek also have a username length limitation of 49 chr and password of 15 chr for Dial Out VPN. For Dial In VPN, username and password is max 11 chr. See:
http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportFAQDetail.php?ID=183

solution courtesy of Dariusz Kozicki

(in reply to kyleheath)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> PPTP Site to Site with Vigor 2800 ADSL Router Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts