• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to block sites and not get "403 Forbidden"?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> How to block sites and not get "403 Forbidden"? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to block sites and not get "403 Forbidden"? - 19.Nov.2005 10:02:06 PM   
LLigetfa

I'm just playing around with access rules and trying to figure out how to block sites that are loaded as part of other pages and not get the "403 Forbidden" error.  Some banner ad sites that I block are fine and the banner jsut doesn't show, but other sites like isaserver.org for example will show the error in the placeholder.

I tried redirecting to a blank page I created on my intranet web server but then IE complains about the redirect in an intranet zone.  If i sub in the IP, IE stops complaininng but then the page is in a mixed zone.  I suppose I could go look for a blank page on the internet to redirect to but that doesn't sit well with me.

I am just playing with FWC and expect that WP would give me different results.  I figure for WP I could probably just replace the error htm page with a blank top section to the page and have small text at the bottom half and that would leave most banner ads looking blank.

Ideas anyone?

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.
Post #: 1
RE: How to block sites and not get "403 Forbidden&... - 20.Nov.2005 1:10:49 AM   
LLigetfa

I just tried with WP, and I get "502 Proxy Error. The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)".  It looks worse than the 403 which at least is a smaller font on a white background.

When I lookup the C:\Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\ErrorHtmls\502.htm, the text does not match what I get in the banner ad placeholder so I'm guessing it is using C:\Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\ErrorHtmls\default.htm and filling in the blanks.  So much for my plan to replace the error page. :(

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 2
RE: How to block sites and not get "403 Forbidden&... - 20.Nov.2005 2:40:17 AM   
LLigetfa

OK, I figured out the custom error html page needs to be called 12202.htm, and not 502.htm so that takes care of WP but not FWC.  Am I SOL silencing it when using just the FWC?

< Message edited by LLigetfa -- 20.Nov.2005 3:02:36 AM >

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 3
RE: How to block sites and not get "403 Forbidden&... - 20.Nov.2005 3:00:58 AM   
LLigetfa

OK, well... talking to myself...
I created a blank 12202r.htm file and no more 403 error in the banner ad.

It would appear the FWC uses the error htmls with the R suffix.  Everything I read says that the R suffix is for external clients.  Go figure!

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 4
RE: How to block sites and not get "403 Forbidden&... - 14.Mar.2010 4:51:12 AM   
pnawaskhan

I am facing the same problem.I have modified my cutome error messages page in C:/Program file/ISA Server/ErrorHTMLS.But my error pages are not displayed.I am getting error message as like this Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202).But i am not able to find 12202 in that error folder.Please help me on this.

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> How to block sites and not get "403 Forbidden"? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts