• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Published WebDAV on SSL works, but only on root folder.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Published WebDAV on SSL works, but only on root folder. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Published WebDAV on SSL works, but only on root folder. - 23.Nov.2005 6:01:57 AM   
KevinJK

Server is Windows 2003, SP1
ISA Server 2004, SP1

I have published a WebDAV folder. I am able to connect through SSL successfully. When I attempt to navigate deeper into the folders, I get an error. Folder Unavailable.

I notice that the address has changed from my external DNS to the internal path on the IIS Server.

If I do not use SSL, or do not open as a web folder, it works great.

Any Thoughts,
Kevin
Post #: 1
RE: Published WebDAV on SSL works, but only on root fol... - 23.Nov.2005 8:53:14 PM   
tshinder

Hi Kevin,

What are the details of your Web Publishing Rule?

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to KevinJK)
Post #: 2
RE: Published WebDAV on SSL works, but only on root fol... - 24.Nov.2005 12:25:04 AM   
KevinJK

The server in the 'To' section is the internal server name.

The listener is specific to one of my external IP's with SSL enabled and the wildcard on the server selected.
The authentication method is 'Integrated'

No link translation.

The SSL bridging only goes as far as the ISA server. It is then redirected to port 80 on the file server/IIS Server.

If I connect without selecting "Open as Web Folder", it works fine. So I can only assume that it is an SSL issue.

Did I miss anything for you Tom?

Kevin

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Published WebDAV on SSL works, but only on root fol... - 24.Nov.2005 1:49:41 AM   
tshinder

Hi Kevin,

Here's a way to kill two birds with one stone. SSL to HTTP bridging is a travesty and should never be used unless there are no authentication credentials required on the Web server and the Web server allows anonymous access.

So, deploy SSL to SSL bridging and that might fix it.

If not, come back with the exact details of the Web Publishing Rule.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to KevinJK)
Post #: 4
RE: Published WebDAV on SSL works, but only on root fol... - 24.Nov.2005 11:33:05 PM   
KevinJK

Tom,

I do not have SSL to SSL bridging in place because of a configuration issue.

Am I correct in that for SSL to SSL bridging to work you have to be able to resolve the common name on the Web site certifiicate internally to the server?

My internal name is a .local, external is .ca. Does this configuration not stop me from doing SSL to SSL bridging?

Kevin

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 5
RE: Published WebDAV on SSL works, but only on root fol... - 11.Nov.2008 10:26:16 AM   
bobbba

I'm trying to implement this as well. It works on the root folder on the first connection however later on the connection fails. The problem is that for some reason it inserting the bridged port back in to the address. Details below:

https://mywebsite/webdav/

Directed to

https://mywebserver/ on port 30001

The errors start coming when later it has changed the address to https://mywebsite:30001/

The rule is for bridged SSL to ISA with an external name then SSL to IIS with an internal name.

Any ideas?

(in reply to KevinJK)
Post #: 6
RE: Published WebDAV on SSL works, but only on root fol... - 16.Feb.2009 3:03:46 PM   
xtremelead

I'm also having the same issue. ISA2004 and a Windows server 2003 webserver published with SSL to SSL. External SSL port is default 443, internal SSL port on the webserver is non-default.
Bridging tab on pub rule says Webserver, redirect requests to SSL port.
To tab: forward original host... enabled and requests appear from ISA
Listener tab has SSL listener with wildcard cert.

Root folder is fine when opening as web folder, but when browsing I get redirected to the internal non-default SSL port. Also there is an extra folder made up by ISA I guess, the folder's name is the url with the internal port number like this example:
webdav.domain.com:444

When browsing the site without web folders all is fine and the above folder is not there.

That's going on here?

(in reply to KevinJK)
Post #: 7
RE: Published WebDAV on SSL works, but only on root fol... - 17.Feb.2009 7:50:52 AM   
xtremelead

I've got it figured out:
I unchecked the Forward original host header.... on the To tab and enabled Link Translation.
I've entered the following dictionary entry:
webdav.domain.com:444 and should be replaced with webdav.domain.com:443

In Content types enable Documents to be able to browse through subfolders. This also gets rid of the strange folder.

Hope this helpes you too, KevinJK and bobbba.

(in reply to xtremelead)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Published WebDAV on SSL works, but only on root folder. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts