• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Access Error: The page cannot be displayed

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Access Error: The page cannot be displayed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Access Error: The page cannot be displayed - 26.Nov.2005 1:02:50 AM   
bheusmann

If I try to access a html page on a server in the internal network by typing the computer name i.e. http://consolsrv02:238 to access the HP System Management homepage on that server I recieve the following error:

Network Access Message: The page cannot be displayed

Explanation: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Try the following:

Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.
Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link. If you are still not able to view the requested page, try contacting your administrator or Helpdesk.

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)
IP Address: 10.0.0.1
Date: 11/25/2005 11:49:15 PM
Server: servername.conseptsolutions.com
Source: proxy

If I enter thr FQDN I can access it with no problems.  Any ideas?

Thank you.

-Bryan
Post #: 1
RE: Access Error: The page cannot be displayed - 27.Nov.2005 10:36:59 AM   
wbplomp

Do you have an Access Rule that allow a protocol with TCP/238 ?

(in reply to bheusmann)
Post #: 2
RE: Access Error: The page cannot be displayed - 27.Nov.2005 2:39:08 PM   
LLigetfa

wb,
Internal requests to internal resources should NEVER loopback through the ISA server so there should be no need for such a rule.

Internal resources need to be specified in ISA to go direct.  Depending on the client and how it is configured, it may also need to be configured to go direct.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to wbplomp)
Post #: 3
RE: Access Error: The page cannot be displayed - 27.Nov.2005 3:51:02 PM   
bheusmann

Would this be a configuration on the client workstation that needs to be done?  I can access a server by typing in something like \\servername\c$ in the run and I can access the server fine.  Is the ISA server causing this problem or is it my clients?  I have them using the ISA server as a proxy.  Thanks.

-Bryan

(in reply to bheusmann)
Post #: 4
RE: Access Error: The page cannot be displayed - 27.Nov.2005 4:13:28 PM   
LLigetfa

Bryan,
As I mentioned, there are several ways to define what goes *direct* and depending on what client (WP, FWC, S-NAT) and how that client is configured, YMMV.

On the ISA server under the internal network properties, you can configure client settings and *direct* settings as well.  If you hard code the WP settings on the client, you will then have to set within IE, what the browser considers as *local* (direct) and what IE should use proxy for.

Make sure you check "Bypass proxy for local addresses" and that you populate the "Do not use proxy server for addresses beginning with:".

When you access a server by typing in something like \\servername\c$ , you are using CIFS which will never use proxy, so it is hardly a fair test.

Also, I am curious if you have the domain suffix defined and in your search suffix list.

On my network, I can use either the NetBIOS name or the FQDN and neither will try to use proxy.  I do not have an internal to internal rule allowing loopback.  I do, from time to time, check my ISA log for internal to internal deny entries to ferret out misconfigured clients.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to bheusmann)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Access Error: The page cannot be displayed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts