• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA/DNS problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> ISA/DNS problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA/DNS problem - 29.Nov.2005 11:52:33 AM   
sbettoni

We have an ISA server 2004 that seems to work OK but then randomly loses connectivity to the DNS server (connectivity verifier times out!). At this point Active Directory cannot be viewed and all Internet access is lost (However, the AD connection verifier says AD is OK). We are not using it as a firewall. It is configured in a single adapter config using main DNS from a AD Domain Controller on our site and Second DNS from ISP where we get ADSL. It is for Internet access only and goes through a further Nokia firewall. We have ISA 2000 in exactly the same config on another site and that works fine!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it is driving us mad!!
Post #: 1
RE: ISA/DNS problem - 30.Nov.2005 9:18:12 PM   
Mr_Do

If you eliminate the second DNS entry and go with only your domain's DNS server then the problem should go away. Just because your ISP's DNS is designated as secondary doesn't mean the server ignores it until it is needed. It sounds like it is using the secondary DNS periodically, and every time it does it is losing connection to AD. That is because your domain DNS contains the roadmap to your domain's AD and the ISP's DNS does not. Without that roadmap, it's lost.

(in reply to sbettoni)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> ISA/DNS problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote