• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Zero Byte File Download via HTTP

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Zero Byte File Download via HTTP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zero Byte File Download via HTTP - 1.Dec.2005 5:13:59 PM   
JakinH

Strange problem here.  We just had the need to download a file for a business project.  The file was only available via an HTTP link.  The file type was .exe.  We click on the link, and the save as dialog comes up.  We enter the filename and it downloads.  The problem is that the file it downloads is 0 bytes.

So...I VNC into my home PC and tried the same thing and it downloaded the 1Mb file without issue.  Hmmm.

I have since added the website to the nocache rule, and used CacheDir to delete the entry for that site from the Cache file.  Still no go.

Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Zero Byte File Download via HTTP - 2.Dec.2005 2:05:25 AM   
J.F.

Hi JakinH:

What do the logs on your ISA Server say?  Perhaps the relevant Access Rule has an HTTP filter to block the download of executable content and/or files that have an .EXE extension and/or that MIME Application content type is blocked (though you should get an error message).  There might also be a virus scanner on the machine or the browser could be configured with security settings to block the download.  If the ISA logs don't help, perhaps capture your HTTP session with Ethereal (www.ethereal.com) and use the "Follow TCP Stream" feature to see where in the HTTP session it is breaking down... 

Hope This Helps!

(in reply to JakinH)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Zero Byte File Download via HTTP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts