Disable 'right-click' on FW client icon? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client

acausemaker -> Disable 'right-click' on FW client icon? (6.Dec.2005 4:39:43 PM)

Is there a way (either through ISA or a GPO) to 'turn off' the ability of users to right-click the FW icon?  I want the icon to be there, but I don't want my users to be able to right-click it and 'disable' it.

vinchan1 -> RE: Disable 'right-click' on FW client icon? (6.Dec.2005 4:49:04 PM)

It seems no way to do that but...
Why don't use "Hide it when connected" and set up the access rule to force only FW client can access Internet?

BikKat -> RE: Disable 'right-click' on FW client icon? (6.Dec.2005 5:30:02 PM)

How does one 'set up the access rule to force only FW client can access Internet'?

Do I need to setup a user defined setting to be the Firewall Client?

What does this do to all the SecureNAT Clients like OWA, DNS, Active Directory?
or since they have specific rule already defined will placement cause them to work or not work?

Sorry, this whole ISA server thingie is way to foreign of an animal for me.

LLigetfa -> RE: Disable 'right-click' on FW client icon? (6.Dec.2005 7:36:02 PM)

acausemaker,
Maybe if you gave some background as to why you need to prevent users from disabling it.

If you formulate your rules to disallow anonymous and users cannot find another route to the internet, there would be no incentive for users to disable the FWC.  Alternately, if you make the common.ini in C:\Documents and Settings\WhoEver\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Firewall Client 2004\ read-only, it will throw an error but saavy users can get by it.

You can also use the FWCTool to set the FWC on every logon.

Page: [1]