• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

VPN is not connected from Wireless DSL Connection

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> VPN is not connected from Wireless DSL Connection Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VPN is not connected from Wireless DSL Connection - 10.Dec.2005 6:16:01 AM   
Zac

Hi,

I have setup VPN server in ISA 2004 with SP1 and the OS is win2000 Advanced server with SP4. All my clients are able connect to the VPN using wired DSL connections from their sites but not with wireless connection. The error log in the ISA is this

Description: The VPN connection attempt by user ISA\ sales could not be established.

The failure is due to error: 0xc0040021
in the system event log it says the user sales couldn't authenticate because of bad user name and password.

Can any one give me an idea?

thanks

Zac.
Post #: 1
RE: VPN is not connected from Wireless DSL Connection - 13.Dec.2005 3:52:53 AM   
tshinder

Hi Zac,

Not sure what you mean by wireless connection -- can you elaborate?

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to Zac)
Post #: 2
RE: VPN is not connected from Wireless DSL Connection - 13.Dec.2005 2:57:45 PM   
Zac

Hi Tom,

Nice to hear from you. This is my problem. I have setup VPN in ISA 2004 and it is working fine. The VPN is mainly used by our marketing team. One of them has a wirelss DSL Connection at his place. His ISP has set up a wirelss 3 com ADSL router at his place and he is connected to this from his lap top (this lap top is configured and supplied by us).He is not able connect to the VPN through this connection. It seems that the L2TP and PPTP are disabled in his router because in the log it says that this particular user connected but the authentication failed due to bad user name and password. This same user get connected to the VPN from the normal dial up connection.

Hope this detail will give some inputs.

Thanks a lot

Zac.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: VPN is not connected from Wireless DSL Connection - 13.Dec.2005 3:06:58 PM   
tshinder

Hi Zac,

The real test would be to see if the user can connect when he uses a wired connection to the wireless NAT device. If there is still a problem, it could be a NAT device configuration issue, or maybe an MTU problem, or something else :)

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to Zac)
Post #: 4
RE: VPN is not connected from Wireless DSL Connection - 15.Dec.2005 7:42:46 AM   
Zac

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the input. I spoke to the ISP of the user and they informed me that L2TP and PPTP are disabled in the router they installed for him. After enabling both he is connected to the VPN.

Thanks a lot

Zac.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 5
RE: VPN is not connected from Wireless DSL Connection - 17.Dec.2005 5:53:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Zac,

Great! Good to hear you got it working and thanks for the follow up.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to Zac)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> VPN is not connected from Wireless DSL Connection Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts