• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Publish IIS but allow access from 1 IP address?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Publish IIS but allow access from 1 IP address? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Publish IIS but allow access from 1 IP address? - 24.Dec.2005 12:52:04 AM   
billy

Hi

Is it possible to create a web publishing rule that publishes a website to the Internet but only allows access to the website from certain specific IP addresses on the Internet?

I want to do trhis becuase the web server that is being published is not for public access and needs to be limited to a couple of static IPs on the Internet side of ISA.

I know I can limit access by IP in IIS (and have enabled this) but I cant get ISA to allow certain IPs only to access the website.

I have done this:
Created a Network called Office1 with the public static IP of my external network
Created a web publising rule that allows traffic fromExternal To Internal IIS box
I have  created a Network rule to allow traffic from Office1 to Internal, routed not NAT;'d

As soon as I create a Network Office1 all traffic from Office1 gets dropped on a defualt rule.

My config is: ISA 2004, two NICs
Post #: 1
RE: Publish IIS but allow access from 1 IP address? - 24.Dec.2005 1:02:59 AM   
ISAServerTools

In the toolbox, create a Computer object with the IP address of the computer you want to allow access to and then on the From tab of the Publishing rule, replace Anywhere or External or whatever is there with the Computer object you just created.

(in reply to billy)
Post #: 2
RE: Publish IIS but allow access from 1 IP address? - 24.Dec.2005 1:05:46 AM   
billy

thanks, so just to be clear - I should not create a new network with the IP address?

(in reply to ISAServerTools)
Post #: 3
RE: Publish IIS but allow access from 1 IP address? - 24.Dec.2005 1:15:03 AM   
billy

Thanks, thats worked, appreciate it.

(in reply to billy)
Post #: 4
RE: Publish IIS but allow access from 1 IP address? - 24.Dec.2005 1:15:05 AM   
ISAServerTools

No, normally, you would create a network to allow you to establish either a routed or nat'ed relationship between it and the ISA server.  Since the IP Address you are interested in is already contained within the external network, you don't need an additional network. 

Additionally, if you think you MAY ever want to grant access to additional IP addresses, use a Computer Set or Address Range object instead.

(in reply to billy)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Publish IIS but allow access from 1 IP address? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts