• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Server Publishing >> Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket - 26.Dec.2005 1:35:30 AM   
iceman2000

Hi,

We have recently installed ISA 2004 on a Win 2003 Server (runing as a DC). I understand that this may not be the best configuration however at this stage we cannot procure another PC to run ISA.

The DC runs DNS (cache only), DHCP, WINS, SQL2000, Web Server, FTP Server, SMTP Server (outbound only), IAS and ISA. We have set-up server publishing rules for Web, FTP and RDP. We are getting the following errors and wondering if someone could help relsoving this.

Error 1
The Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket to 192.168.1.6 port 80. This may have been caused by another service that is already using the same port or by a network adapter that is not functional. To resolve this issue, restart the Microsoft Firewall service. The error code specified in the data area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure.

Error2
The Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket to 10.0.0.6 port 80. This may have been caused by another service that is already using the same port or by a network adapter that is not functional. To resolve this issue, restart the Microsoft Firewall service. The error code specified in the data area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure.

IP 10.0.0.6 is on the internal interface of the DC and IP 192.168.1.6 is on the external. We are running two websites, the Default and the other www.billcentral.com.au.

IP 10.0.0.6 has been assigned to the web server. ISA is listening on external interface IP 192.168.1.6.

I need your guidance in resolving this issue.

Cheers,
Ash

Post #: 1
RE: Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket - 26.Dec.2005 2:13:38 AM   
LLigetfa

well.. by your own admission, it is clearly in conflict with the web server on port 80.  Even if not the web server, it could conflict with WPAD.  Why would you change the listener from the default 8080 to 80?

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to iceman2000)
Post #: 2
RE: Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket - 26.Dec.2005 5:20:57 AM   
iceman2000

Thank you for your reply.

I looked at the web listener port, by default the port was set to 80, I have now changed it to 8080 and then re-booted my server. By making this change the error message related to external IP 192.168.1.6 has dissappeared however the error message related to the internal IP 10.0.0.6 is still there.

What else I should be doing to solve this?

Cheers,
Ash

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 3
RE: Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket - 26.Dec.2005 6:42:05 AM   
LLigetfa

Hmmm... doesn't sound right...
Web listener or web proxy listener?  I was talking about the web proxy listener.  There should not be a web proxy listener on the external NIC!

I am not an advocate of running more than ISA on the server.  If you are running IIS, you may have a conflict with WPAD and I very much doubt you would *publish* it as one would publish an internal server through ISA.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to iceman2000)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Server Publishing >> Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts