• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Firewall Client

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Firewall Client Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Firewall Client - 29.Dec.2005 7:57:15 PM   
bhavin78

I tried to use WS_FTP program and it didnt work with secureNAT client and WebProxy even though I had policy on the server to allow FTP protocol. I can FTP from IE browser but, not from FTP program.
Now I want to try with firewall client. I installed firewall client but its not able to connect to ISA server automatically or manually. it gives me errror. Failed to connect to the server.
I alreday have an WPAD entry on DNS server.
wpad Alias(CNAME) isaserver.domainname.com
Post #: 1
RE: Firewall Client - 29.Dec.2005 8:05:30 PM   
LLigetfa

Something then is misconfigured.  Use the FWCTool to troubleshoot.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to bhavin78)
Post #: 2
RE: Firewall Client - 29.Dec.2005 8:16:24 PM   
Raul E Jimenez

Hi bhavin78,

When you create the rule you select FTP from the protocols list. After you finisg, you can right click on the rule and select FTP, thgis will allow you to unselect the check box for "read only". This setting came form the FTP filter from ISA that allow you to have active or passive mode whit the same rule.

Also, you WS FTP should be configure appropiately, since you can reach sites on active and passive mode, I used whit the options automatic.

Last, you should have the firewall client on the client computer you plan to use whit WS FTP.

For the WPAD and DNS record, please use nslookup and ipconfig to see if those services are configure correctly.

Good luck

Raul Jimenez
Latin American System Support

(in reply to bhavin78)
Post #: 3
RE: Firewall Client - 29.Dec.2005 8:25:08 PM   
bhavin78

check box for "read only".  This was already done.

I dont know what you mean to say here, sorry I am confused.
Also, you WS FTP should be configure appropiately, since you can reach sites on active and passive mode, I used whit the options automatic

what about my firewall not able to detect ISA server.

(in reply to Raul E Jimenez)
Post #: 4
RE: Firewall Client - 29.Dec.2005 9:37:19 PM   
LLigetfa

Did you try the FWCTool?  Did you setup WPAD on ISA?  Did you allow anonymous for WPAD?  Did you test WPAD by entering the URL in your browser?

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to bhavin78)
Post #: 5
RE: Firewall Client - 5.Jan.2006 2:38:45 PM   
bhavin78

Enable firewall support was not checked for Internal network. That took care of Failed to connect to server error. Now I can connect to FTP site using ws_ftp software. But, yahoo messenger still does not work. How to fix this?

(in reply to bhavin78)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Firewall Client Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts