• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

web clients can't access Internet

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> web clients can't access Internet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
web clients can't access Internet - 4.Jan.2006 9:18:19 PM   
nilie

Hello everyone,

Here's our situation.

Configuration & topology :
- ISA Server 2004 running on Windows Server 2003, all SP and patches applied
- single network card scenario (ISA server is behind a firewall anyway)
- minimum number of access rules : deny access to a set of websites for all users, deny access to IM for all users, allow Internet access for all authenticated users and the deny all as a last rule. This configuration is intended mainly to allow us to log and control user access to Internet websites.

Problem :
As soon as I configure the proxy address in IE, users are prompted to authenticate several times and in the end their access to Internet is denied. I've tried Integrated, Digest and Basic authentication but none of them works. However it seems to me like there's a problem with the users authorization because domain admin accounts are allowed to access the Internet but not regular accounts (this proves the authentication actually works). If I do not force users to be authenticated, they can access the Internet but their access is being logged as anonymous and this defeats the purpose of using the ISA Server in our case.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Nicu
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> web clients can't access Internet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts