• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Client PC's changing proxy address

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Client PC's changing proxy address Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Client PC's changing proxy address - 10.Jan.2006 8:38:54 PM   
cjrolke

I hope I am in the right place.

background

We have roughly 125 users (Mixed between xp and 2000 ) I have recently finished upgrading our domain from 4.0 to 2003 and upgrading from exchange 5.5 to 2003  we have a nt 4.0 box with proxy 2.0 that i referenced the clients to use via group policy

I have installed 2003 on a stand alone box and installed isa server 2004 (2 nic cards 1 internal 1 external)

went in to the group policy management for the domain and made the change to the new proxy server ip everything went great for a while
went to the user stations and uninstalled proxy 2.0 client and installed isa client from a script"\\spike\mspclnt\setup /v" SERVER_NAME_OR_IP=spike ENABLE_AUTO_DETECT=0 REFRESH_WEB_PROXY=0 /qn"

now i have clients ( internet explorer 5.0,5.5, 6.0) that the address for the proxy server will change back to the old address.

I have added wpad entries to the dhcp and dns

I can connect to the clients via remote registry  and do a scan for the old porxy server ip and it will show up
I change the address and within 24 hours it will change back to the old address

this only happens on half of our systems

I think that the group policy is affecting the changes but I dont know where the problem is.

any one have any ideas i have been searching and looking for anything for quite a while

thanks

Post #: 1
RE: Client PC's changing proxy address - 10.Jan.2006 8:48:17 PM   
LLigetfa

Well... at least on the XPs you can run RSOP.  That should tell you something.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to cjrolke)
Post #: 2
RE: Client PC's changing proxy address - 12.Jan.2006 9:19:48 PM   
cjrolke

I may have found a fix

I have 5 total domain controllers

on 4 of them I was getting errors upon going into the policy settings ( i dont remeber the specifics of the error message) but it had to do with policies being truncated

i applied kb 842933  on those servers did a reboot

now a majority of the clients are looking at the correct ( new ) isa server

i will know more after a few days of testing but i figured i would pass along an update

(in reply to cjrolke)
Post #: 3
RE: Client PC's changing proxy address - 13.Jan.2006 3:01:51 AM   
Mark0

I have a similar problem, the Proxy server was changed to port 9000 instead of 8080 but constantly the servers and all clients settings change back to 8080, I am sure it will be a group ploicy thing.
Can someone tell me where to look to change the group policy to 9000 so when it is applied everything is ok.

(in reply to cjrolke)
Post #: 4
RE: Client PC's changing proxy address - 19.Jan.2006 11:28:32 AM   
Mark0

Can anyone help me out here please ?

(in reply to Mark0)
Post #: 5
RE: Client PC's changing proxy address - 19.Jan.2006 2:39:03 PM   
LLigetfa

If you originally set the clients proxy by GPO, would you not now know how to change it?  I'm guessing that there is no GPO setting your clients and that you need to change the settings on the ISA server.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to Mark0)
Post #: 6
RE: Client PC's changing proxy address - 19.Jan.2006 9:45:16 PM   
cjrolke

i think i may have found the fix

upon running gpresult i found that the systems that were having the problems all logged into one particular server

the frs system was erroring out so it was not updating the policies on the the problem server

i found a reference to the problem

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.server.dfs_frs/browse_thread/thread/cefce68974b4f990/1f3b4619730b926d?lnk=st&q=event+id+13568+server+2003&rnum=5&hl=en#1f3b4619730b926d

now i wait and see if it works

(in reply to cjrolke)
Post #: 7
RE: Client PC's changing proxy address - 19.Jan.2006 11:41:27 PM   
Mark0

i did not set this up, I have taken over it so I am not sure how it was setup, in the isa server when I go to clients i have changed that to port 9000.
But am unsure of where else the proxy info for clients may be, I will check the other fix posted here and see how I go when i get time..so much to do..so little time 

(in reply to cjrolke)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Client PC's changing proxy address Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts