• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Firewall client configuration, does not work!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Firewall client configuration, does not work! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Firewall client configuration, does not work! - 11.Jan.2006 8:43:14 AM   
frogman

I have a small network about 10 computers. Isa server 2004 SP1 is installed on a win2k3 machine. All of the workstations have the firewall clients installed and the dhcp is configured with the 252 option. They all autodetect the server and work fine. But some of them authenticate as firewall clients and their email clients work fine, and some of them authenticate in ISA as web proxy and anonymous users and their email clients do not work or their AV updates. I have tried the basic authentication and integrated but they all give me the same results. Am I doing anything else wrong, or have I forgotten something???

< Message edited by frogman -- 11.Jan.2006 8:44:29 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Firewall client configuration, does not work! - 11.Jan.2006 9:15:47 AM   
programatix

If you want to use Firewall Client, do not set the Gateway for all the clients in the Network configuration. By setting the Gateway, the clients will use SecureNAT and users will not the authenticated.

(in reply to frogman)
Post #: 2
RE: Firewall client configuration, does not work! - 11.Jan.2006 12:17:08 PM   
frogman

I have disabled the router option in the DHCP scope options, but I could not found gateway settings in the ISA console and still it does not function. Could you explaim me this a little bit detailed because I am new at this...

(in reply to programatix)
Post #: 3
RE: Firewall client configuration, does not work! - 12.Jan.2006 1:51:19 PM   
steavg

Hi,

Which OS are the clients running ?

Greetings,

Stefan

(in reply to frogman)
Post #: 4
RE: Firewall client configuration, does not work! - 13.Jan.2006 7:52:13 AM   
frogman

Clients are running Winxp prof sp2. There are 10 workstations. Four of them authenticate as firewall clients and everything works fine. I have reinstalled win2k3 and isa 2004 sp1 and the same thing happens. How does isa authenticate clients, does it do only by ip header. Ho can I tell Isa 2004 that they are all FW clients because I do not need web proxy or secure nat. My all workstations are in domain. When I disable web proxy clients in networks configuration I get undentified IP traffic on port 8080 in the monitoring tab.
Can anyone give me some help, or a couple concrete links where I can download some kind of a PDF with the begginer stuff. I have read the getting started isa html and it is pretty poor.

Thanks in advance.

(in reply to steavg)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Firewall client configuration, does not work! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts