• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

exchange 2003 and ISA outgoing IP address

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> exchange 2003 and ISA outgoing IP address Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
exchange 2003 and ISA outgoing IP address - 11.Jan.2006 6:16:10 PM   
popeye1972

Help..
Make a long story short....

Isa server 2000
Exchange server 2003
mail flow works fine both directions.

On the isa I have a server rule for mail (SMTP) that maps the public ip to the internal server IP (mail and ISA NOT on same server)

I have several public ip's on the ISA server.  xxx.xxx.xxx.40 is the main IP and then i have listed others in the advanced section of the NIC properties (xxx.xxx.xxx.36, xxx.xxx.xxx.38...etc)

My server is published on the 36 address and mail flows in to that IP....  the problem is that the outgoing mail always comes from the 40 ip not the 36 ip.

So my question is... can i force ISA to make mail come from the 36 ip address?  this is causing a reverse DNS lookup problem as we are listing 36 as out mail address... not the 40.  We are going to ISA 2004 in a few months and i am not sure if that has been fixed in that version.

thanks for any help in the matter... i have tried searching for this for some time.
Post #: 1
RE: exchange 2003 and ISA outgoing IP address - 14.Jan.2006 7:20:23 AM   
carorieta

popeye,

That's a new one.
What about making changes on your NIC
Delete x.x.x.36 from Advanced Properties
Change your main from x.x.x.40 to x.x.x.36
Add x.x.x.40 on advanced
It looks like ISA is taking the main IP for Outgoing SMTP traffic

Hope that makes positive change, I apologize for the crazy idea, thats all that came to my mind

carorieta

(in reply to popeye1972)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> exchange 2003 and ISA outgoing IP address Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts