• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: How to work around an issue with VPN clients and split DNS

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> RE: How to work around an issue with VPN clients and split DNS Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How to work around an issue with VPN clients and sp... - 3.Apr.2008 9:30:18 PM   
tshinder

Hi Miguel,

Check out Stefaan Pouseele's blog, he has a Registry fix for that.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to miguel_gonz)
Post #: 21
RE: How to work around an issue with VPN clients and sp... - 18.Sep.2008 11:26:54 AM   
sketchy00

The screen captures for implementing this in the CMAK were very helpfull, but I do have a few questions if you don't mind.

1.  In the Edit Custom Action for "Change Binding Order for RAS" the parameters is set to %ServiceDir%\KB311218.vbs.  What do you suggest this %ServiceDir% parameter be set to?  Or, what is the easiest method so that the vbs will be available to the user and their remote client if I give them a new CMAK bundled VPN configuration?

2.  The discussions from this article talk about pre-connect and post-connect.  Can you clarify which type of action this should be set to?  It seemed as if there are some differences of opinion.

3.  Is the KB311218.vbs still the recommended script to use, or would you suggest using the "ISA_DNS_Binding_Order.vbs" posted out on isatools.org?

Thank you so much for your help on this.

- Pete Koehler

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 22
RE: How to work around an issue with VPN clients and sp... - 23.Sep.2008 8:36:47 AM   
tshinder

Since the action only needs to be performed once, you could do it as a pre-connect action, or, if you have have domain members, you can use Group Policy. Or, if  you have another software deployment solution, you can use that.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to sketchy00)
Post #: 23
RE: How to work around an issue with VPN clients and sp... - 23.Sep.2011 9:43:58 AM   
allisonf

This is great information as I've been struggling with this issue for a long time. Thank you!

What would cause the OS to change the binding order?

(in reply to spouseele)
Post #: 24

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> RE: How to work around an issue with VPN clients and split DNS Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts